Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Giojohn

Your online application form must reach the Public Appointments Service no later than midnight, Thursday 15th March 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

Did i read or hear somewhere that we should get an invitation to the aptitude test the week of the 9th of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

I have done the online questionnaire and waiting for the email detailing the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

@imonboard; they said the earliest we'll hear would be this week, so it could be any time from now on...You can imagine the sheer amount of applicants that went for it, they'd have an awful lot to go through...

In the same boat as you lads, waiting to hear about next stage... Keep posting..

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got through to next stage anyway.Neptune Stadium 25/04/12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

ditto myself, 9 am, now to get work off! hope ye all have similar luck

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

Received the email too. Heard over 2000 applied. Don’t know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I find it strange there's only 2 tests in the familiarisation material

Just received the email as well, good luck to all who are heading for the tests! I'm on 24/4 at 11.30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markmaguiree

I got the E-MAIL myself , just wondering if there is anyone from the cork area or knows there way around cork here . im travelling from dublin down and my test is on 24th at 9am so im just gonna travel down the night before and shack up in a hotel . can anyone advice me what hotel would be the closest to the neptune basketball arena ,

cheers in advance

mark

PS , although so many applied , there is always gonna be the slackers , who applied at the spur of the moment and wont bother making the travel from around the country . fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Giojohn

In the e mail it said you need to bring your full driving licence or you wont be sitting the exam its going to be a tough week to try and get it done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flipper15

@markmaguiree, The maldron hotel on John Redmond street is prob the closest. Its about 15 mins walk at the most (UPHILL!). Parking around neptune is bad at best and at 9 will be manic I'd say. PM me if ya want help/directions, am on at the same time-good luck.

Cheers flipper ....... Ill have a look into that , i might dig out the tent and set it up in the car park in at the neptune ha . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Ye all set for Wednesday?

I'm on tomorrow at 9 .... On the way down from Dublin .. Stay over the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

do anyone have any idea of how many tests to expect tomorrow.?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

on the ball.. So how did everyone get on in the test today..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭King Eric

I stupidly ran out of time on the first test and missed the last 5, I really hope it was worth my while going back through the others as I did them to double check.

The second one I found some of my answers didn't match up with their answers at all. I double checked them but couldn't find my mistake, but due to the time just had to keep moving, anyone else find the same, in particular the last 4 or 5 questions? I probably rushed them and messed up :(

In between the 2 tests I was trying to work out how many candidates there are. I heard numbers of as high as 8000 today.

I counted 48 seats in my centre, 6 centres and I reckon they are doing max 4 sessions a day over 2 days so I reckon that's 2304 max number of candidates.

This seems close to the 2000 imonboard had heard....

King Eric wrote: »
    I stupidly ran out of time on the first test and missed the last 5, I really hope it was worth my while going back through the others as I did them to double check.

The second one I found some of my answers didn't match up with their answers at all. I double checked them but couldn't find my mistake, but due to the time just had to keep moving, anyone else find the same, in particular the last 4 or 5 questions? I probably rushed them and messed up :(

In between the 2 tests I was trying to work out how many candidates there are. I heard numbers of as high as 8000 today.

I counted 48 seats in my centre, 6 centres and I reckon they are doing max 4 sessions a day over 2 days so I reckon that's 2304 max number of candidates.

This seems close to the 2000 imonboard had heard....

Apparently there are 3 sittings a day over the course of 2 days .

I found the numerical fairly easy if I'm being honest but I was always good at quick calculations . Got them all done and re-done .

I think I done good in test 1 , but that wouldn't be my strongest point . I didn't go far wrong anyways .

I'd be fairly confident to be back down on the 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How long do the tests last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

dave1982 wrote: »
    How long do the tests last for?
    15 and 10 mins. Hard to tell how u do in it. Numerical was very easy and quick but the verbal was slow going and tough enough. A few catches......

Ya I agree , the owl understanding the paragraph thing can leave ya second guessing urself ..

Numerical is a walk in the park if ya have any sort of a number brain . They give ya rough work paper but it's hardly needed .

She will tell you this tomorrow but I taught I'd just tell ya because it surprised me at how fast it's moving . Test results by 4th may , part 2 of the competition 15th may and starting interviewing by end of may . Give or take a few days .

Sat the tests yesterday as well, same as, happy enough with how they went, as expected the hall was full, arrived to see about 150 lads standing outside the Arena, I knew i was at the right place haha!

As regards the Observation tests being sit on the 15th, I'm due to be out of the country that day, anyone else have similar problem? I've flights booked and everything, not sure on what can be done, I sat the tests for Waterford and passed them back in December, has anyone contacted Public Appointments Service over something like this before? I wonder how accomodating they are...Any advice appreciated!

djor88 wrote: »
    Sat the tests yesterday as well, same as, happy enough with how they went, as expected the hall was full, arrived to see about 150 lads standing outside the Arena, I knew i was at the right place haha!

As regards the Observation tests being sit on the 15th, I'm due to be out of the country that day, anyone else have similar problem? I've flights booked and everything, not sure on what can be done, I sat the tests for Waterford and passed them back in December, has anyone contacted Public Appointments Service over something like this before? I wonder how accomodating they are...Any advice appreciated!

I got a bud in same predictment... but he is getting a bit ahead of himself.. he has holidays booked in july for 3 weeks... an he is getting worried incase he gets passed the next few stages an has to do something on the dates he is gone.. says he'd rather fail now than get pass these stages and tell them he cant make it.. So if you get any info regarding your situation pass it on bud..

@ Sitja, cheers for that, yeah I'm going to call the Public Appointments Service today and see what the story is, I'm sure there's a few people in the same situation. I'll post here after I've spoken with them later today... Cheers!

Just got off the phone, didn't get far, bloke said to email someone that's looking after the Cork Fire Recruitment with details of my situation, but he did say that a lot of people are in a similar situation.. I'll post once I (hopefully) hear back from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sweeney9000

I did it this morning,found it fine, can you let me know how you got on djor88 as Ive booked a trip to france for 3 may,prob gonna put it back or cancel.
    Cheers mate

@Sweeney9000, no bother. I'll keep you posted once I hear back. I checked with my airline, my ticket can't be changed so my only option would be to cancel the flight, dropping about 750euro!

• Advertisement

djor88 wrote: »
    @Sweeney9000, no bother. I'll keep you posted once I hear back. I checked with my airline, my ticket can't be changed so my only option would be to cancel the flight, dropping about 750euro!

my friends issue is the same his a family vacation to florida so will be out quite a bit.. Hope the best for you guys anyway..

Advertisement