Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

If anybody finds out anything tomorrow will you post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Centre Hit

Hey Lads,
    Another one here in the same boat as the rest of ye. New to this site but it seems everyone is just as frustrated as myself. It's very annoying when having worked so hard to get to this stage, the council won't fill us in on the reasons why things are taking so long. I've emailed them myself but didn't even receive a response. Let's hope we hear something soon at least, good or bad!

Centre Hit wrote: »
    Hey Lads,
    Another one here in the same boat as the rest of ye. New to this site but it seems everyone is just as frustrated as myself. It's very annoying when having worked so hard to get to this stage, the council won't fill us in on the reasons why things are taking so long. I've emailed them myself but didn't even receive a response. Let's hope we hear something soon at least, good or bad!

Have you heard any rumours yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Centre Hit

I was told May 27th by a member of CFB 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything else since I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LaurenceGing

Just heard some news there from an SO here in Dublin that they may be training us up here instead of sending us over to England, once again this is just word on the street not a definite answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Justme007

Just heard some news there from an SO here in Dublin that they may be training us up here instead of sending us over to England, once again this is just word on the street not a definite answer

To be honest I think we were always going to be trained here in ballyvolane. I think it was a long shot that we were going to England. But then again what do we know.

I've just resided in the fact that its going to be September.

I don't really mind now. No point in stressing anymore. It hasn't helped before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mystery Man

Hi lads,

I've been following this thread for a few months and thought I'd offer some advice.

Political changes such as Croke Park II, restructuring of the fire service nationally via the 'Keeping Communities Safe' document, local government funding cutbacks and internal promotion issues can probably explain the reason for the delay.

Some years ago, I too was left in limbo for a few months waiting to find out if I got the job (albiet not as long as yourselves!).

All I can recommend is the following advice:

1. Keep the faith. Keep focussed. It will be resolved one way or the other in due course. It's a rewarding and exciting job, and a few months of waiting can be offset by a long, rewarding career.

2. Keep your fitness levels up. You'll need it for recruit training. Think of it as pre-recruits preparation. That means cardio and resistance training. Sign up for road races. Stay injury-free. Read up on firefighter training and current issues. http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/LocalGovernment/FireandEmergencyServices/

3. When you start, remember to keep your head down. Work hard. Volunteer yourself for any task. Gain a reputation as a quiet, hard-working, dedicated professional. Make yourself busy all the time. Listen to and watch the more experienced lads. Identify the bestfirefighters on your shift, and follow their lead.

I hope this was of some use and that they let you know soon.

Best of luck.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

All is quiet on here recently. I'm guessing noone has heard anything new?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zorroman

Check your emails lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 corkbackdraft

So whats the word on the steet? I hear 2nd of Sep is a start date for 18 recruits to go to the U.K for 15 weeks. Is this correct?

So whats the word on the steet? I hear 2nd of Sep is a start date for 18 recruits to go to the U.K for 15 weeks. Is this correct?

2nd of sept is the start date but it didn't say anything about uk. We start in ballyvolane . It's still possible to be sent uk at some stage. It's 10weeks I think

HI Lads
    Things really came to a stand still on here. Any updates and news? Is the training starting on schedule, is it on in Cork. Have the full 18 accepted their positions e.t.c

• Registered Users Posts: 3 one out

anybody know did all 18 start training or is there 2 separet classes

As far as I know all 18 started first week of september. Question is, there's a recruitment panel with another 17 guys on it in place until october 2015. Does anyone think they will get called up before then???

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

What happened to the post saying there would be an intake from the panel? Anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

pure rubbish it was i would reckon my buddy is in the cork brigade and said nothing about it!

I've heard from three seperate sources that there could be an additional 6 guys taken from the recruitment panel in the not too distance future. Anyone heard anything else???

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

What position did they go to on the last intake, after failed medicals and people not starting the training?

All 18 went in and all 18 finish their year's training in September

• Advertisement

Hi Lads
    Has anyone heard anything further regarding the panel? Mystery Man you seem to be in the know and very sensible......Any imput would be greatful if you are still listening in. Tks.

Next 6 on panel were called today.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

one out wrote: »
    Next 6 on panel were called today.

Are you on it?

What number is it at now so? . You sure they got the call yes?
    Cheers

Yea. Emails sent today .medicals next week.

best of luck to whoever is going in, wasnt one on the lucky ones yet still on the panel :(

maddog1983 wrote: »
    best of luck to whoever is going in, wasnt one on the lucky ones yet still on the panel :(

What number are u? They might take more than 6

maddog1983 wrote: »

What number are u? They might take more than 6

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

That question again, what is the salary scale all inclusive shift, nights etc?????? Pm if more suitable

• Advertisement

one out wrote: »
    Yea. Emails sent today .medicals next week.

Have you heard anything since the medicals? Contract? Confirmed start date etc?

Advertisement