Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Hey lads, anyone get called for new class? Any update on it? How many were called?

Hey lads, anyone get called for new class? Any update on it? How many were called?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

I take it Cork won't be advertising for a while if they are still taking off panel.

lonfire1 wrote: »
    I take it Cork won't be advertising for a while if they are still taking off panel.

They are taking in 7 as far as I know .

Probably advertising in a year or two I heard

lonfire1 wrote: »

They are taking in 7 as far as I know .

Probably advertising in a year or two I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 gabresha

Hi guys any idea of the numbers gone in,what number on the panel are we at now..25??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

gabresha wrote: »
    Hi guys any idea of the numbers gone in,what number on the panel are we at now..25??

18 on original panel, 5 coming on shift in 2 weeks.

I did hear a few turned it down as they'd moved on to new careers.

Probably got to 25-28.

Advertising soon I'd say as numbers are way down .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gabresha

When you say advertising soon do you mean keep going on the panel or starting from scratch again..they're hanging on to the panel until oct/nov this year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

gabresha wrote: »
    When you say advertising soon do you mean keep going on the panel or starting from scratch again..they're hanging on to the panel until oct/nov this year..

If the panel is still active then they may call more from it as it'd make sense. Another class is needed.

I heard the panel was finished with and that they're recruiting from scratch again .

Take this with a pinch of salt as rumours are always circulating.

Best bet is to contact hr if you're on the panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

I'm told CFB are going to use the end of the panel. Training in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

looks like taking on more from panel:) got an email today to go for medical end of November . anybody actually know what wages you come out with after tax during training and then after?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

maddog1983 wrote: »
    looks like taking on more from panel:) got an email today to go for medical end of November . anybody actually know what wages you come out with after tax during training and then after?

Training is about €800 a fortnight .
    On shift first year is 1800 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    Training is about €800 a fortnight .
    On shift first year is 1800 a month

Didn't realize how low the pay is.. That's a disgrace to be honest for the job that's involved! I'm geting more in the factory in I, a lot more. Makes no sense. All because that shower of crooks in power.

Advertisement