Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City Fire Brigade Recruitment 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pirulito

I think i've officially lost my mind from checking my email constantly!!I have faith it'll be monday morn we'll get an email,hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

They did say it will "be a long time" before we hear lads. Hang on in there!! The email will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gbucks7

Come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Justme007

gbucks7 wrote: »
    Come on!!
    They're all gone on holidays and meanwhile we have had to cancel holidays and can't book another because we have no idea of dates of interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Gone on holidays?!

Surely it cant be much longer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

I agree, I'd say there's a few on holidays. Slowest process ever. We better know by Friday. Can't stand this anymore

It is brutal waiting like this, I mean they must know what sort of timeframe they need to interview by, I honestly can't see why they wouldn't just tell us this in the first place. There's no way a city council wouldn't have a set date or at least a rough date to hold interviews for these jobs. Unreal...But very very Irish....

Rant over

I thought that we'd have had some news last week but if we dont hear this week i will be shocked and i may also lose my mind from the anticipation!!

I got an email about half hour ago. Through to the next stage.....a further application form. Anyone else hear back?

• Advertisement

Lezdid wrote: »
    I got an email about half hour ago. Through to the next stage.....a further application form. Anyone else hear back?

Ye I got through too.
    :)

Fire1985 wrote: »

Ye I got through too.

Nice one well done, the form seems standard enough....just confirmation of education details, driving license etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 natian08

Ye I got through too.

Nice one well done, the form seems standard enough....just confirmation of education details, driving license etc.

Yes got through aswell lads.well done everyone we should be well proud of ourselves.

Got through too, fair play lads, anyone know how many left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭imonboard

Got through. So we are all getting interviews then assuming we meet the requirements on the application form? 2 weeks is giving us along time to get a few certs together. Any idea what questions will be on the competency based detailed form? Was there one for dfb and Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Got through aswell, maybe they didn't cut anybody yet? am I right in saying this application form is just Education, driving and that ya? no questions or anything?

They'll prob interview the lads with best qualifications. It'll be a points thing I'd say.
    Say you have heavy vehicles driving experience., a trade and courses that will help. Like first aid and that. All this will help. They won't interview the 100 or so that are left. Not a hope of that

2mature wrote: »
    Got through aswell, maybe they didn't cut anybody yet? am I right in saying this application form is just Education, driving and that ya? no questions or anything?

You have been successfully shortlisted suggests cuts have been made. Also why would we have had to wait such a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Ya I suppose thats true, shur I suppose all we can do is fill in the forms and see how we go!!

• Advertisement

Anyone hear of anybody who didn't get through?

Hey lads, well done to all who got the good news... Unfortunately I wasn't shortlisted, a bit shocked over it, thought I'd done enough..

Best of luck to the lot of you, well done on getting so far, keep it going lads...

djor88 wrote: »
    Hey lads, well done to all who got the good news... Unfortunately I wasn't shortlisted, a bit shocked over it, thought I'd done enough..

Best of luck to the lot of you, well done on getting so far, keep it going lads...

Sorry to hear that.After you commited to this instead of your holiday its not nice. Best of luck in future

imonboard wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.After you commited to this instead of your holiday its not nice. Best of luck in future

I know, brutal at this stage, but at least I know what I can do for any future competitions... Best of luck with the interview mate...

I know, brutal at this stage, but at least I know what I can do for any future competitions... Best of luck with the interview mate...
    Sorry to hear it bud, best of luck for the future

Sorry about that man.I know its no consolation but you did better than most and I'm sure if you go for it again you will fly it with the experience.Best of luck in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 theshaggyone

Well done to all the lads and ladies that got through, brilliant work. Best of luck with the rest of it. Unfortunately i didn't get shortlisted this time. Think its time to hit the gym for the next recruitment whenever that may happen to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alan2486

Got shortlisted anyway, unlucky 2 anyone that didn't make the cut, it'd be nice to know how many got short listed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theshaggyone

id say around the 100 mark got short listed. only a guess though

Cheers everyone for the kind words, I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway to see how ya's are all doing... Best of luck lads...

id say around the 100 mark got short listed. only a guess though
    Id say less.120 did job related and I'd say about 20 dropped from that and then prob 20 more cut from shortlist.70_80 tops more than likely,maybe less.

• Advertisement

I feel for you guys who didn't make it. It's of little consolation now, but the experience of the process will undoubtedly put you in a better position when recruitment comes around again.

I didnt make the shortlist either,was certain i'd done enough but such is life!Enjoyed the process especially the last two stages,an interview would have been nice but ill be there at the top of the line trying out again next time!Give it your all lads,everyone thats left has already done themselves proud.

Well that's the form sent off, hope the wait for news it not too long.

Ye same, sent mine today. Hope I've enough certificates. Good luck.

I'd be lookin at quality not quantity mate

You only need to send highest cert such as Trade or degree not every little thing.

Anybody know or heard when the recruit course is likely to start?.....might give us an indication how fast things are likely to move from here!

Ah dont worry, I don't have loads of certificates lads. But the few I do have are quality as you say.
    So no need to be smart as we might end up working together.

Nobody is trying to be smart, just think it's a bit juvenile to try to play mind games, as you said, we might end up working together

You only need to send highest cert such as Trade or degree not every little thing.
    I know that. I read the email ;)

Ah dont worry, I don't have loads of certificates lads. But the few I do have are quality as you say.
    So no need to be smart as we might end up working together.

Nobody is trying to be smart, just think it's a bit juvenile to try to play mind games, as you said, we might end up working together
    I'm not playing mind games.

• Advertisement

Anybody know or heard when the recruit course is likely to start?.....might give us an indication how fast things are likely to move from here!

Anyone know when the interviews and medicals will start. To think this all started around February, i remember at one stage someone commented how quick the process was.

Anyone know when the interviews and medicals will start. To think this all started around February, i remember at one stage someone commented how quick the process was.
    Pity we didn't know from the start when the recruits would begin,it would have given us all a better timeframe for the process.

Everyone get their forms in on time?? Reckon we'll hear some news by the end of this week????

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

And the Email checking begins again, ha, is this waiting the real test do ye reckon.:D
    It will be worth it. Can't wait to hear back, exciting times:o

Everyone get their forms in on time?? Reckon we'll hear some news by the end of this week????

I would be surprised if we heard this week considering the other stages took weeks even when a computer could correct the test in seconds. Then fitness stages we knew on the day we passed and we still had to wait weeks. This time there is alot more to it with checking all qualifications etc. I really was hoping to know before i start a new course in September.

Anyone else get their documents/certificates back in the post today? Looks like they are getting through things.

Anyone else get their documents/certificates back in the post today? Looks like they are getting through things.
    Ya got them back today too.

Brought mine in in person just to be sure.Only 5 mins from me anyways so she copied them there and then.They must be getting through them so i wonder if we will hear by next Friday.

Another day gone by, hope to hear something by the end of this week!!!

• Advertisement

I rang today and the woman said she was still looking through our forms & that it was only her doing it. Afterwards her superiors will look at them. This is what she told me.
    I asked about when we would hear & she didn't know!

Advertisement