Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDE in Trinity

• 20-02-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

Does anyone have any good ideas about questions you could be asked in the PDE interview in Trinity?
    I have loads and loads of experience which will stand to me but I do need to get some other answers prepared.

Any ideas?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

What subjects??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

dno7239 wrote: »
    What subjects??
    Geography

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kikibo531

Hi Does anyone know when you would hear back about your PDE applications? When are the interviews held for the PDE courses - I have applied for TCD and UCD. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

kikibo531 wrote: »
    Hi Does anyone know when you would hear back about your PDE applications? When are the interviews held for the PDE courses - I have applied for TCD and UCD. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

You won't hear back from trinity until late January about interviews! You'll literally only have 1-2 weeks to prepare for the interview. Generally they're in February

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Balmom

Hi,

Does anyone have any good ideas about questions you could be asked in the PDE interview in Trinity?
    I have loads and loads of experience which will stand to me but I do need to get some other answers prepared.

Any ideas?
    Mr. BA, I had an interview with them last year and it was awful, could never have been prepared enough. I had 8 years experience and thought it would be enough but it wasn't. I was asked specifics about last play I taught and also to perform my "Masterclass". If I was you, I would overprepare for any eventualities.

• Advertisement

Thanks - interview is done. Now, the wait! Any idea when they get back to you? They said mid to late March in the interview -- is it really that long??

When did you hear about the interview? I still haven't heard anything and was expecting to by now, maybe not a good sign? I think it was April last year (early or maybe late March) the wait is the worst.

I got a letter from them last Wednesday and my interview was on Tuesday. They are still interviewing, so be hopeful!
    Yep, the waiting is torture...

I'm worried now. I know last year I had heard back by now. I logged onto mytcd.ie and it just says no decision. Hopefully I hear back soon. How did the interview go, do you think?

They seem to give very little notice for interviews so think positive! The interview went well, but I think there will be a lot more applicants this year because the course is jumping to 2 years next year...

• Advertisement

Yeah so I heard. They always have loads of applicants but they only interview a certain amount. What subject/s are you? I think last year I got about 2 weeks notice but you didn't even get a week.

I've heard of people getting just 4 or 5 day's notice. My own mytcd.ie account still says 'no decision' so I wouldn't take too much notice of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Knowsitall22

What type of questions did they ask you kikibo531? Balmom I applied too and haven't heard anything either. I'd say competition is very tight this year because it is going up to two years!

Thanks for reply Knowsitall22. Yeah I know competition is very tight and I know not everyone gets an interview but I thought we would hear back either way, yay or nay. Hate waiting, but it's not looking good.

Advertisement