Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

That does'nt include the vineyards and distilleries:):):):):):)
    Doesn't need to, wine and whiskey are shiite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Its all rotten, but I still drink to get locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I have totally given up on wine. Pretentious waynkers drink.
    It absolutely kills me to go to the pub as I have to drink Heineken or Guinness spending more time pissing than drinking.

I agree with you on the heineken and Guinness,but not on the wine.A lot of the mass produced wine sold in england/ireland is sh1t. People think it is good ,cos they know,no better.Best wine in the world comes from germany.Problem is,they only export their sh!t.you have to go there ,to taste their good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I feel loved :)

Fart wrote: »
    If I had a fiver in my pocket and walked into a pub and only saw Heineken, Carlsberg or other crap on tap, I'd take the fiver into a butchers and buy a nice steak instead.

I do understand what your saying,but overall I would rather have a beer.Over the years I have tried over 400+ different beers from around the world,but depending were I was I have learned to compromise my taste and buy whatever was the best available.In my local I usually buy Heineken,Miller or Bulmers,not because they are the best,But because they are the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've been spoiled by good beer, on trips to Europe and North America. Yes, there are good beers in the USA, I discovered: after many years of crappy big brands, there are smaller brewers all over the place e.g. the big Kroger's supermarket, near my friends' place north of Houston, had an aisle full of local beers such as Shiner and the Saint Arnolds. If I had more money and space, and patience, I would make my own.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wall E

No beer tastes nice, over time you become immune too it and it tastes ok and even nice sometimes, but this is linked particularly with the more drunk you become :)

Doesn't need to, wine and whiskey are shiite!

No their not.:D

When I say distillery I'm talking schnapps,probably about a couple hundred different flavours,if not more.When I was in the black forrest I found this guy who had his own distillery and was selling lots of different flavours.I bought his raisin and raspberry flavours............ "nectar of the god's" IMO.I bought 3 bottles of raisin schnapps...........down to my last half bottle,:(
    He even had nettle schnapps and you could sample anyone you wanted :)
    Tried about 8-9 different ones,but left his shop a happy man.:D
    As for German Wine................best in the world IMO.
    Pity they don't export their good stuff.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I like a good beer.

If im going out to get pissed i drink ****e like heineken because its convenient.

If want a beer to enjoy i'l get a few decent beers. i couldnt be bothered listing the many high quality beers i like.

I like beer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Standard lagers you get in pubs here are all rank. A good pint of guinness is lovely, has to be a good one though.

Love a nice cold IPA myself. The Salt House in galway have a real nice selection of beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm a beer drinking cat that likes to party. Nothing like a good can session. I drink stout whilst in public houses but can't abide it in the can form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to stop drinking beer. The best at the moment is Rheinbacher that you get in Aldi. You get 6x500ml for €6.50, and it is by far the best beer i have had in a long time. Drink 6-9 of them and you'll feel it.

Prior to Rheinbacher, it was Sainte Etienne, also an Aldi beer, but they changed from 440ml cans to 500ml cans, and it changed something, so that's why we went looking again.

I'll drink Heineken in pubs, but most of the time it's rank. Getting a pint of Heineken from a half keg placed directly under the tap is savage though. I also thoroughly enjoyed Miller Lite when i was in Florida, and Bud 66 in Scotland. We put our heads together (me and the brother) and decided that the beers with the smaller bubbles are nicer (thus, Miller Lite, Bud 66, Sainte Etienne).

Right now though, it's mostly White Rum (Old Hopkins, Aldi again!) and Coke Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I am fairly certain that if beer wasn't alcoholic, most people wouldn't drink it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I am fairly certain that if beer wasn't alcoholic, most people wouldn't drink it.

I will second that. But the fact that you get more liquid for your money makes it popular. If i could get a pint of rum and coke for the same price as a pint of beer, i would drink it instead of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I never really tried any other alcohol delivery system, I never took to spirits (bar brandy for a short spell) I hate wine and I can't stand cider.

So its Guinness or lager only for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I adore beer, but not all beers are created equal, in fact some beers should be simply exterminated. I'm a bit of a beer nazi.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This is true for most people. For me, not so much. I enjoy maybe a bottle or two of a decent beer/lager. Something not too fizzy. I hate the bloating you get from over fizzy beer. A nice wheat beer is great, as is any if the o'haras stuff. Thinking of brewing my own beer this year, so I'll see how that goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I'm a beer snob. Belgian trappist ales for me! Le Trappe triple/quad, and Rochefort 10 will do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I love it so but alas, it does not love me back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Muppets who think they are some sort of expert on life because they refuse to drink Bud or Heineken and such do my nut in. Retards who if you took a can of Dutch Gold and poured it into a German bottle who would say the stuff is nectar.

Particularly people who do the whole Spudweiser is sh1te, Czech Budvar is the brew of the gods. They both taste quite similar. The only difference is Budvar has more alcohol and therefore more kick to the taste.

Here in Oz I have now decided to stop pretending Aussie beer is fit for human consumption, its all sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake ID,
    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listening to Queen,
    When I was seventeen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I'm a craft beer fan, can't stand the average yellow, fizzy, happy water...PISH !
    Can't beat a nice Belgian Trappist ale, num num num :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Muppets who think they are some sort of expert on life because they refuse to drink Bud or Heineken and such do my nut in. Retards who if you took a can of Dutch Gold and poured it into a German bottle who would say the stuff is nectar.

Particularly people who do the whole Spudweiser is sh1te, Czech Budvar is the brew of the gods. They both taste quite similar. The only difference is Budvar has more alcohol and therefore more kick to the taste.

Here in Oz I have now decided to stop pretending Aussie beer is fit for human consumption, its all sh1te.

Mass of Contradiction there, Father. Or are you subtly implying you're a retard?

You should just pour the Aussie beer into a Heineken can.
    Mmmmmm, scrummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I tolerate Heineken and Bud, although Carling - sweet Jesus. Sudsy washing up water is what it reminds me of. The more yeasty beers are way nicer IMO, it's not a snob thing - I like Lidl/Aldi beers.
    Dismissing people as snobs for having a personal preference that doesn't take into account what's mainstream/populist is... snobbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"Refuse" is a strange word to use. We don't have to drink, do we? Since I see it as totally optional, I reserve the right to choose when, where, and what I drink.

That said, I occasionally get the cheap Grafenwalder Pilsner and/or Weissbier from Lidl, and you know what? Chilled and poured properly in to a good glass, me likey. The German brewing methods can give us some pretty good beer for pennies if the marketing bods don't have a say in the pricing. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Just because you lack the intellect of actually drinking alcohol for the taste as opposed to getting pissed. That doesn't mean the rest of us who don't drink piss and actually appreciate good beer think we're better than everyone else.

Grow up.

Advertisement