Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd hand dealers

• 20-02-2012 4:43pm

Any body recommend a second hand dealer around Leinster?
    I been looking at donedeal like a mad man but would like to go and sit on a few,
    and get a feel for the few models Ive been looking at.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

dogsbox outside kinnegad

doyles in athlone (baylough)

CCs unlimited kells (I think - only been there a couple of times)

megabikes dublin (near camden street)

bikeworld (near end of longmile road some secondhand - grand if you just want to sit on bikes;))

tallaght superbikes

+lots of other dealers ...sure others will add more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Dog's Box is gone - I was there the other day and the building is empty. He might have moved his stock, but he's not there any more, just so ye know.

Cheers lads
    didnt know there was a place in tallagh,
    I might check it out tomorrow on my lunch.
    Im guessing bikeworld is a rip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

Dog's Box is gone - I was there the other day and the building is empty. He might have moved his stock, but he's not there any more, just so ye know.

serious?.......................that doesn't sound right to me...I always got the impression he was in it for the long haul

are you sure it wasn't just closed the time you were there? (not being smart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As far as I know he will open by appointment. Dont think he is out of the business totally.

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    Cheers lads

I went to Bikeworld & Tallaght Superbikes when I was buying last week. Bikeworld did offer to do some deals and they had some 2011 models that had decent discounts.

I ended up getting a mint '08 GSR in Tallaght superbikes. The moment I saw it I knew I wanted it :) They gave me a decent discount because I was buying straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

urbanledge wrote: »
    Cheers lads

Yeah, everyone knows the story with Bikeworld. :pac:
    amacca wrote: »
    serious?.......................that doesn't sound right to me...I always got the impression he was in it for the long haul

are you sure it wasn't just closed the time you were there? (not being smart)

No, I know Derek personally, his missus and daughter were packing gloves/boots etc. into boxes, the place was virtually empty, not closed.
    GBX wrote: »
    As far as I know he will open by appointment. Dont think he is out of the business totally.

It's kinda up in the air at the minute. Yes it's appointment only. He's not "gone", but the premises is empty. He's a man with a plan. It's only temporary.

Advertisement