Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door to door sales pests Grrr

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Hang a sign on your door that reads:

To broke to buy anything
    Already know who i`m voting for
    and i`ve found god!

Thanks should cover it!..then when they call just tap the sign!...Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Also a 'Don't make me tap the sign' sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Hang a sign on your door that reads:

To broke to buy anything

Silly person

What about the:

Artists who say "Don't worry I'm not selling anything".........................which means they want a "donation"
    Or the Utility companies who say "I'm not selling anything, I just want to save you money"

There's always a way around your sign. :D

Just do what I do. Sit in the sitting room where I can see them walk up the driveway and they can see me looking at them and then not answer the door. They never come back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If I answer the door and I know straight away after they launch into their sales pitch that I'm not interested I just cut in and tell them I'm only renting a room (I am the house owner). If they ask when will the owner be back I tell them they're away on holiday.

Works for the likes of Sky etc. but unfortunately not charities and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zeemeee

Is there a time after which door to door salespeople cannot cal to your door? Some tool at my door last night at 8.30pm wanting to sell me a new alarm system!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

zeemeee wrote: »
    Is there a time after which door to door salespeople cannot cal to your door? Some tool at my door last night at 8.30pm wanting to sell me a new alarm system!!!!
    I call it 'every day'.

Advertisement