Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel car ~€4/5k

Options
  • 20-02-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

Looking for suggestions for a economical diesel car with low maintenance costs also. Will do about 12,000 miles/year. Mostly city driving. Under a 2 litre to keep the tax below €700.

Was looking at Octavias TDi's, Passats, Mondeo TDCi's, Audi A4's, BMW 320D's

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This isn't the right place, try the Motors forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you do short runs all the time, you won't be getting the benefits of the diesels. They have DPF (diesel particle filters) now, which need to be burnt off at high engine temperature. The local runs just won't do it, then the repair bills start.

I'm no mechanic though. I'm sure someone will weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 roryclerkin

Thanks MarkR and I've reposted the thread on the motors forum now Spear. I'm new to this game.....;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

not all diesels have DPF's, and most in his budget will not anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is offtopic, and Rory has a thread over in motors, so it's best to continue this there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement