Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER before/after SEAI Better Energy grant

• 20-02-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for a grant under the Better Energy Homes scheme for a new boiler and updated heating controls and wondered if I am right in interpreting the guidelines as stating that you must only have a BER carried out after the works have been carried out?
    You don't have to get a BER before AND after do you?

Many thanks, my head hurts after reading pages and pages of guidelines so apologies if the above question is very obvious/stupid!

M.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yes you are correct.... the BEr assessment is done after the works are complete, but.....

the assessor has also to calculate what the energy value was before the works took place, in order to fill out his part of the form.... this is easy to do and doesnt require an assessment prior to works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Excellent, thanks for your help!

Advertisement