Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup Final - watch it where

• 20-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Any tips, pubs seem to barely show matches nowadays or have a crap set up.

Anyone know the best place to watch the Pool game on Sunday and down a load of pints

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I got left down for my wembley ticket. O'Neills in Tramore it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Caulfields will be pretty ok ,A good few pool fans in there and usually do "3pints for a tenner " for big Liverpool games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Exchange if u like cheap drink and nice dinner and betting shop beside u, caulfields I'm thinking of too or if town and u want a cinema like experience then revolution as upstairs is top notch for a game ...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Norrises doing 6 pints of Carling for 15e for the game and you get a free pint on monday too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Doesn't Revolution have matches on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bluezar wrote: »
    Norrises doing 6 pints of Carling for 15e for the game and you get a free pint on monday too

Christ, do you have to order them all at the once? That would be the business if you got six tokens or something. Off topic but Cardiff are 20/1 to win that 1-0. That's screaming for €10 bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Slightly off topic but I felt it had to be said,

C'MON THE POOL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Ledger wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I felt it had to be said,

C'MON THE POOL!!!!
    Yawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Yawn...

You're going on my list....

...I'm only joking! See I actually wrote I really really like CardBordWindow!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

ziedth wrote: »
    Christ, do you have to order them all at the once? That would be the business if you got six tokens or something. Off topic but Cardiff are 20/1 to win that 1-0. That's screaming for €10 bet.

:D No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I'll be heading over for the match but the back bar in the mansion will be a good spot for it. 3.30 a pint. should be a big crowd in there watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

south wrote: »
    I'll be heading over for the match but the back bar in the mansion will be a good spot for it. 3.30 a pint. should be a big crowd in there watching it.

Sure you won't miss the mansion, I'll take the ticket off you and you can join yer butties!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I'm still waiting on my ticket to arrive ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Ledger wrote: »
    You're going on my list....

...I'm only joking! See I actually wrote I really really like CardBordWindow!

This post should have gotten waaaay more Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I remember Alfie's on Lombard St. used to be some spot to watch Liverpool games. I lived on Scotch Quay so would stroll down, always a great atmosphere. The night of the Champ League Final 2005 I watched it at home but went down by Alfie's after, twas like a street festival! Liverpool fans singing, hugging, nearly bawling! Good times :D

batm!ke wrote: »
    I remember Alfie's on Lombard St. used to be some spot to watch Liverpool games. I lived on Scotch Quay so would stroll down, always a great atmosphere. The night of the Champ League Final 2005 I watched it at home but went down by Alfie's after, twas like a street festival! Liverpool fans singing, hugging, nearly bawling! Good times :D

Great for all matches ,Remember the Leeds game in europe a good few years back ,Alfies was for some reason the only place in Waterford and beyond that had the game (earlier rounds maybe first knockout stages ) Anyway seemed like every Leeds fan in Ireland arrived in . The place was buzzing ,Even as a Man UTD fan it was some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

a huge huge deal for all the pool fans this match is, realistically the only trophy ye are capable of winning for the next 20 years.

when stevy scumbag Gerrard retires it will be the final nail in your has been club.

king kenny bow down to the god fergie.

champ19ns :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

a huge huge deal for all the pool fans this match is, realistically the only trophy ye are capable of winning for the next 20 years.

when stevy scumbag Gerrard retires it will be the final nail in your has been club.

king kenny bow down to the god fergie.

champ19ns :D

Mod Note

Give it a rest please. I know your only having a bit of craic but you would be surprised the amount of people who will take offense to that post. It wouldn't be permitted in the Soccer Forum so it wont be permitted here.

Your post is only up and we have had complaints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Are you even from Waterford mufc boy? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

He's from Manchester surely?

Well his not from Manchester :pac:

like all great MU fans :D

Dam you membersonly ruined my joke ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 life goes on

mozattack wrote: »
    Any tips, pubs seem to barely show matches nowadays or have a crap set up.

Anyone know the best place to watch the Pool game on Sunday and down a load of pints

booked into revolution have reserved seats in front of big screen for lunch and beers.come on the pool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Has he ever been to a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

no prob mod.

but seriously though i cant wait for the big match sunday, king kenny knows he has such a talented squad in the making that he played his strongest team against league one side brighton.

the mighty pool are going to rule football again after this sunday especcally now that the worlds greatest striker andy carroll demolished brighton aswell as the wing wizard downing on the flanks with the ever so charamatic saurez it has all the ingrediants for a mouth watering football display.

honestly i really do belive liverpool can rival barca on their day because there so damn exciting to watch, its a shame the samba star lucas is injured because he truly is better than messi and ronaldo combined.

come on you red men who needs the premiership or european cup when we are fighting for the worthless cup i mean carling cup.

no prob mod.

but seriously though i cant wait for the big match sunday, king kenny knows he has such a talented squad in the making that he played his strongest team against league one side brighton.

the mighty pool are going to rule football again after this sunday especcally now that the worlds greatest striker andy carroll demolished brighton aswell as the wing wizard downing on the flanks with the ever so charamatic saurez it has all the ingrediants for a mouth watering football display.

honestly i really do belive liverpool can rival barca on their day because there so damn exciting to watch, its a shame the samba star lucas is injured because he truly is better than messi and ronaldo combined.

come on you red men who needs the premiership or european cup when we are fighting for the worthless cup i mean carling cup.

*sigh* Okay 1 week ban. Trolling of the highest order and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

no prob mod.

Enjoy 3e this evening!!! thats 3e,.. Not Hd!!!... lets see what ya will spout off if the mancs reach the final of the tier 2 euro comp!!!
    Ps i see no Rooney for ye tonight!! probably stuck up some granny fanny!! ( yes mod im going to take a hit for that comment!) but its just for his stevie g! remark!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

no prob mod.

You're giving Man Utd fans a bad name with all your rubbish talk. It wasn't the worthless cup when we were winning it a few seasons back. Well actually, it is pretty worthless, but it's a good day out.

Anyway, this ain't the football forum, so to answer your question OP, my house is the best place to watch the match on Sunday. I have a nice mini fridge for the beers, a nice smell of a roast cooking in the kitchen... Security is tight on the door, that's the only thing.

nialeon wrote: »
    Enjoy 3e this evening!!! thats 3e,.. Not Hd!!!... lets see what ya will spout off if the mancs reach the final of the tier 2 euro comp!!!
    Ps i see no Rooney for ye tonight!! probably stuck up some granny fanny!! ( yes mod im going to take a hit for that comment!) but its just for his stevie g! remark!!

Okay. G'Luck.

Being as fair as possible here. This isn't the soccer forum, and trolling will be treated with a 1 week ban. I gave a warning, it was ignored. Next step is a ban.

Anybody *any* problems, questions, complaints, rant about my actions - please send myself or one of the other mods/CMods a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

No complaints, it's bad enough seeing pissing contests between both sets of supporters on Facebook and Twitter etc. This is about watching games and not who is better than who.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Fair play Sully.

They were ruining my boards experience! :D