Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SDCC Environmental health inspection of rental property

Options
  • 20-02-2012 8:14pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am a first time landlord (for about 2 -3 years now), received a letter today from the council saying they will visit in early March to see that the property complies with a few different housing acts.

Pretty sure the property does but am just wondering is this random (presume they got my details from either the PRTB or secondary house tax?) Anyone know what they do during the 30 min time slot? Presume it's to check that properties are habitable?

Says the tenant as also been advised and either/both of us are welcome to attend.

Anyone else been through this either in South Dublin or somewhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I had the city council inspect me a few years ago. Nice fella, ex-carpenter who used to repair the council houses so he was very knowledgeable on the practical stuff - he pointed out a few things that needed upgrading e.g. better ventilation in the bathroom to meet the legal requirements, filled it all in a form and got me to sign it.

I never heard back from them again so I don't know if its a waste of time on the councils part, in private industry you have a re-check several months after such an inspection to see if the list of failed items has been rectified

Advertisement