Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McGuires "Sorted" book - A Review

Options
  • 20-02-2012 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

Just after finishing John McGuires book "Sorted".
    Bit disappointed. The book should be something of a help book for anyone in business struggling to stay afloat but:
    • Some of the content was out of date prior to the publish date (redundancy rebates being one that stands out)
    • He is boastful whilst pseudo self deprecating which makes it difficult to take him seriously.
    • He goes into great detail about how to bargain down the cost of advertising in print media - he never mentioned google adwords which his businesses use extensively - bum steer in my opinion.
    • Some of his financial examples don't make sense - just seemed like numbers were thrown together lazily without checking if they make sense
    • His comparison of investing in property versus other investment classes is full of holes (which he readily admits in the following pages) but leaves the comparison table looking like we're all mad not to be bailing into property!
    • He refers to Warren Buffet as "my mate Warren"!!!!!!!
    Well thats my review - anyone else get a chance to read the book yet?

Advertisement