Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

angelcare or tommee tippee sensor mat?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a sensor mat and am stuck about which one to get. Any reviews on either would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

We have the angelcare, and apart from a few false alarms in the beginning, which were mainly due to it not being properly positioned under the matress, we find it brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jingler

I love mumsnet for their reviews of almost every baby product ever made! There's a rating system too- rated by parents who use the products. http://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/baby-monitors
    My angelcare is from the dinosaur days of 2006 so I am presuming that a newer model is far superior to mine.
    Amazon is another site that's handy for reviews...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angelcare-AC401-Movement-Sensor-Monitor/dp/B0013FW5G8/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1329768763&sr=1-1http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004G5YVFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1329768802&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

we have the angel care one and cant fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

We have the angel care one and it’s very good.
    A word of warning though, my sister in law got an angel care mat and it has cause nothing but grief. Not because there is anything wrong with the mat as such it is just that my sister in law tends to be a little bit on the neurotic side.

She thought that if she got a sensor mat she would rest easier, it had the opposite effect.

It went off a few times (this will happen it is not a medical grade piece of kit) and she became convinced the child was having apnoeas in her sleep.

As the parent of a child who had to be resuscitated a few times in hospital from apnoeas I knew well she was not having them but she would not believe me.
    The public health nurse confirmed this, no good. Then she went to see her paediatric consultant he confirmed that the child was fine.

The child is now 18 months and to be honest that mat caused a spiral of neurosis in my sister in law.

If you do not have a justifiable reason for getting one or if you tend to be over anxious about things do not get one. You do not need it, it may cause more problems then it solves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks everyone I ended up getting angelcare movement monitor. Haven't used it yet as he doesn't seem want to sleep in the basket and is in bed with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I got an Angelcare mat and never used it. For the first five months or so he was pretty much wherever I was (or vice versa, depending on your perspective!). Then as farmchoice says, I was afraid it would make me nervous. We use the sound monitor part, though, and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jingler

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I ended up getting angelcare movement monitor. Haven't used it yet as he doesn't seem want to sleep in the basket and is in bed with me :)
    Aaaw-enjoy the snuggles! Congratulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have the Tommee Tippee one and I haven't even used the mat yet, but I wouldn't bother, the monitor part of it is crap... volume is too low... I have it right beside me at night and I can not hear the baby too well if she starts off.

Advertisement