Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tractor drivers here ? help

Options
  • 20-02-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hey all think this is the best place to post maybe ?
    mods move if needed thanks :)

im off to new zealand soon and then australia working
    it would be great to get some tractor driving experience before i go in october
    i have a full licence
    ill be willing to offer working hours help around a farm/painting etc
    for a few hours of training :)
    also any work with cows or other machinery
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Try the farming section or contact the agricultural contractors who will be hitting the silage in a couple of months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I think it might be worth noting a lot of silage work in new zealand is done by trucks rather than tractors and trailers. having said that it is still invaluable experience and there are a number of contractors near you area such as Hanleys Agri-Contractors and i can pm you a contact number if you wish.

Having said that if you have no experience with machinery, might be no harm to start off with a small farmer and start practicing now that the fertilizer spreading season is coming in. You can be working away with cows too. Unfortunately you may have to offer up your services voluntarily but sure 'isn't experience payment enough' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

thanks for the replys yeah looking for a small farming operation just need to get the hang of machinery etc , really just want to have the exp so i might find work a little easier and theres a lot of dairy farm work over there as iv heard . prepared totaly to work for free in exchange for a few lessons and a bit of learning:eek:

Advertisement