Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes update v5.0.1 - problems with restore

• 20-02-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

On the iPod touch, (after about 3 hours messing with the pc to get iTunes to recognise the iPod) another message came up saying iTunes could not back up the ipod because the backup session failed.

On doing some research I found out that apparently this is a popular problem and was told to restart computer and ipod.

When done doing that, upon connecting the ipod I got the following message again: Apple Mobile Device Service not started.

I had restarted this today, yet now Im back to square one...

Also I noticed that i Tunes is slowing down my computer big time:confused:

How can I restore the ipod to previous state, and how can I put music on an iPod without going through iTunes.

(Ive just ordered an iPad, and am terrified to use it with iTunes, but it's not like I have a choice......:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

try reinstalling itunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

guil wrote: »
    try reinstalling itunes

That was the first thing I did before I even plugged anything into the computer as it had been a while since I'd used iTunes last.

Any other ideas? Late last night I was still trying to get the music on her iPod, but several times and several error messages later it wouldn't recognise it.

I managed to get my old laptop going so might try and put music on the iPod without using iTunes as I HATE iTunes.

Hope it works because I have an iPad on the way, and have nightmares already about having to sync it with iTunes:mad:

What os is on the pc with the problems

What os is on the pc with the problems

Windows XP SP3 (Home Edition version 2000)
    PC just seems to crash most of the time when running iTunes...

edit: Have just uninstalled iTunes for the 10th time............trying it one last time with reinstall and then plugging in device..........

Click start and type services.msi and look for the service you named above and restart it and try iTunes again. Right click the service and make sure it isn't disabled and that it's set to start automatically or else start on startup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

And if it is running make sure that your firewall isn't blocking the Mobile Device Service.

Click start and type services.msi and look for the service you named above and restart it and try iTunes again. Right click the service and make sure it isn't disabled and that it's set to start automatically or else start on startup

I had checked that, and was the way it should be (disabled it and restarted it just to be sure) and it was set to automatically start.

Not sure how the firewall would prevent it from running as it had been working some time back......

Anyhow theres a happy ending thankfully -

I gave up trying on the PC, (which is going off shortly to be wiped clean and upgraded).

Then switched to the old laptop which I revived recently, and installed iTunes on it.
    Plugged in iPod, and hey presto :D it recognised it immediately, and did a restore. Then it synced without any problems!!! Hurray, finally she has more music on her iPod:D

(after spending about 2 days trying!!!)

Thanks for all advice and tips:)

Advertisement