Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fired - but boss said he would give me a ref.

Options
  • 20-02-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was fired recently for forgetting something technical, and asking a question, I didn't break anything etc I was told basically my boss wanted someone more technical than me.

He said he would give me a ref, would

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I was fired recently for forgetting something technical, and asking a question, I didn't break anything etc I was told basically my boss wanted someone more technical than me.

He said he would give me a ref, would

Don't see a problem here, but is this situation the best thing to do would definitely be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Lanaier wrote: »
    Don't see a problem here, but is this situation the best thing to do would definitely be

? :confused:

Xcellor wrote: »

whoooosh!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

whoooosh!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

[yoda] Confused, we are... Understand the answer, we do not.... hmmm [/yoda]

• Advertisement

:)

Seriously though back to topic.
    It's pretty clear that op just

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lads, be nice. Once was funny. Over and over isn't.

/moderation.

OP I'd suggest that you get a friend to ring up and pretend to be a potential employer, so you know what the old boss is really saying about you. Make sure it's a friend who can pull this off - they need to sound convincing and ask the sort of questions that a new employer would ask.

Advertisement