Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Tv shows and Movies get WRONG!

Options
  • 20-02-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I Hate when you see something that tv and movies get wrong. ie a fact.
    post what you picked up on below. Give the show/ movie and the episode if you can

limit discussions but a bit of chatter is okay

Not what would be impossible to happen. ie how could he survive that amount of bullets

ill start with the one that nearly ruined The big bang theory on me.
    A few weeks ago in season 5 x14 , penny and Leonerd go to the gun range.
    The gun is placed on a tray and a mag beside it.

Penny picks up the gun , check that their there not bullets in it.(As anybody should , as she has experiences with firearms as stated )
    She then put in the mag and gives it to Leonerd (without cocking it )
    when they kiss the gun fires...

This couldn't happen because there was no bullet in the chamber...

look below

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hacking a computer in pretty much every single instance of movies and tv.
    How they have it would be the user doing this and getting access to secret information: wsekbfkasej fjsnfs fjfsdnjklfbsdfnjklsdbfksmfjkzsdkfmsdjkfbsjfsefsenfjnsdjkfcm

When in reality its more like:
    fumanchu.jpg
    For hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

bpb101 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago in season 5 x14 , penny and Leonerd go to the gun range.
    The gun is placed on a tray and a mag beside it.

Penny picks up the gun , check that their there not bullets in it.(As anybody should , as she has experiences with firearms as stated )
    She then put in the mag and gives it to Leonerd (without cocking it )
    when they kiss the gun fires...
    This couldn't happen because there was no bullet in the chamber...

I thought that not cocking it isn't a problem. It's a double-action firearm so the act of squeezing the trigger will pull the hammer back. Cocking it would just put into single-action mode where the gun would just require a shorter trigger pull to fire. Is that right?

But you're right, there's no round in the chamber.

I always think it's weird that cops confiscate monitors when they track down hackers in movies. Also this classic from NCIS.
    Hacking a computer in pretty much every single instance of movies and tv.
    How they have it would be the user doing this and getting access to secret information: wsekbfkasej fjsnfs fjfsdnjklfbsdfnjklsdbfksmfjkzsdkfmsdjkfbsjfsefsenfjnsdjkfcm

Please enjoy this. Just mash the keys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Conor108 wrote: »
    I thought that not cocking it isn't a problem. It's a double-action firearm so the act of squeezing the trigger will pull the hammer back. Cocking it would just put into single-action mode where the gun would just require a shorter trigger pull to fire. Is that right?

the first bullets has to be cocked , the other bullets are cocked by the the force of the bullet exiting the chamber causes a the gun to autocock the next shot
    the only exclusion is the revolver and this clearly wasn't

about the ncis video i was just thinking , take out the f ucking plug :L

business is slow so ill trow out an other 1 from the bigbang

penny said, i've noticed that lenerod has had a little crush on me

Sheldon - little crush , the same way as Menelaus had a little crush on helen of troy.

Menelaus was married to Helen . it was paris, prince of troy that had a little crush on helen.
    season 2 i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I can't name particular films or TV programs - but I do see the following all the time.

Someone wants for some reason to destroy a computer - so they shoot the monitor/keyboard/mouse and walk away - leaving the viewer hopefully with the impression that the internal data is now gone!
    (Meanwhile the actual server elsewhere or the main PC unit under a desk is untouched!)

Totally stupid and frankly lazy production by those involved.
    Pisses me off every time I see this daftness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Nobody ever says 'goodbye'/'talk to you later' on the telephone! They just say 'OK' or whatever and hang up!

And when they make a call - it gets through and the other person picks up way too quickly. It's like they dial, the call gets connected and the person picks up in a matter of two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

Pumping an already loaded shotgun! I'm sure its threatening but does it not just eject an unused cartridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

business is slow so ill trow out an other 1 from the bigbang

penny said, i've noticed that lenerod has had a little crush on me

Sheldon - little crush , the same way as Menelaus had a little crush on helen of troy.

Menelaus was married to Helen . it was paris, prince of troy that had a little crush on helen.
    season 2 i think
    Yes but it was Menelaus's jealousy (the crush) that led to the launching of the 1000 ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

1. A reversing car can still outrun the forward facing chase cars.
    2. Anything you see in the final chase in Fast 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No one ever finishes a drink or a meal or goes to the loo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Most people drink from empty coffee cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mike65 wrote: »

In their own houses, no, but women on TV are forever going into bathrooms in restaurants. It's true that it's usually for gossip/make-up/drugs though rather than an oul slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Another one that gets me is someone orders a meal, drink or cup of coffee and then not touching said item when it arrives. It's bad enough as Mike65 mentioned when they don't finish meals etc but when they don't even start, it stretches credibility too far. I know it's usually just a plot contrivance to get people to meet or talk but it's just so lazy! There are so many original ways of doing this. If only they tried harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True, never have so many pubs/bars had so little drink drunk in them. Then there is the smoking angle, these days even the baddies hardly ever light up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

On an average day you'd talk about the weather or something topical but not in soaps or movies. Almost every character cheats, lies or has a deep, dark secret too which bugs me. Real life isn't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

Most people in the movies never watch television yet a lot will go to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hawaii Five-0, In a recent episode there was a gunfight on the docks,the barrels were magically bulletproof yet walls etc weren't.

i just remember one i think it was the simpsons , but i could be wrong

somebody firing 3 shots from a clearly double barreled shotgun
    i think it was moe from years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

i just remember one i think it was the simpsons , but i could be wrong

somebody firing 3 shots from a clearly double barreled shotgun
    i think it was moe from years ago

Like in South park where Kenny dies and is alive in the next episode.

• Advertisement

Also the baddies are always very bad at shooting in any program/film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I generally let NCIS's technobabble stuff slide because it's OTT and in keeping with the feel of the show. Other shows that take themselves too seriously on the technology end...no, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Sound doesn't carry in space! Pet hate of mine.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/sci-fi10.htm

I think it would add to a sci-fi space flic if it adhered to the reality....A silent explosion would definitely be more dramatic in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

mike65 wrote: »

Or farts, do if you watch korean or chinese TV even the beautiful women fart. Must be a cultural thing.

KKkitty wrote: »
    On an average day you'd talk about the weather or something topical but not in soaps or movies. Almost every character cheats, lies or has a deep, dark secret too which bugs me. Real life isn't like that.
    they didnt get anything wrong , that the plot , dont like it go elsewhere this thread is thing they accidentally got wrong

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Like in South park where Kenny dies and is alive in the next episode.
    that not accidental that the plot! while the double barrel shotgun firing 3 shots is not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »
    they didnt get anything wrong , that the plot , dont like it go elsewhere this thread is thing they accidentally got wrong
    It's wrong that there's no normal people in soaps. Everyone is so complex and even the simple things like eating and drinking are done stupidly. Even in their own homes no one finishes a meal or glass of water. People can disappear from a soap and never be heard of again. CSI types always get their baddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why does no one ever say the amount of money they are offering for something? In a one on one conversation one person writes an amount down and shows it to the other without showing the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

TV shows that can't do an anyway convincing 'driving a car' shot. Looking at you Hawaii 5-0

• Advertisement

that not accidental that the plot! while the double barrel shotgun firing 3 shots is not

It was actually sarcasm. Seriously though, animation dosen't follow the same rules. Anything is possible.

Advertisement