Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police presence at Richmond Park, Inchicore

Options
  • 20-02-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I live in Inchicore, and on my way home today around 6.30, I witnessed a group of five or six horse mounted police officers making their way up Emmet Road - a pretty impressive site!!

On reaching Richmond Park, there seemed to be quite a large number of officers around, and a number of police vehicles. Just a small number of match goers.

On checking the net, I see there was a match between St. Pats and Mervue United (??).

I don't normally follow the soccar :o, but am really curious - Is it normal to need this type of police presence, particularly mounted officers, for a match??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Citygirl1 wrote: »
    I live in Inchicore, and on my way home today around 6.30, I witnessed a group of five or six horse mounted police officers making their way up Emmet Road - a pretty impressive site!!

On reaching Richmond Park, there seemed to be quite a large number of officers around, and a number of police vehicles. Just a small number of match goers.

On checking the net, I see there was a match between St. Pats and Mervue United (??).

I don't normally follow the soccar :o, but am really curious - Is it normal to need this type of police presence, particularly mounted officers, for a match??

That was St. Pat's playing Cliftonville. Maybe a bit more police presence, because Cliftonville are from the 6 Counties?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There's usually a high enough amount of police there when I'm at Richmond with Bohs, so I'd say it was increased given that they're form the north.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

Sorry! - I got the fixture wrong.

But that does help to explain it. Thanks for your feedback....

Advertisement