Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb recipes please?

Options
  • 20-02-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Has anyone got ideas for what to do with some diced lamb (cut from a leg of lamb and frozen about a month ago). I do a great tagine but I've had it way too many times now.
    Ideally i'd like something quick? but i'm not sure if this cut of meat needs to be slow cooked (the tagine cooks for about 80 minutes after searing the individual pieces). Any suggestions gratefully received. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

My first thought would be to make lamb skewers. Decent recipe here:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3414/minty-lamb-kebabs

I'd probably end up sticking some mixed grilled peppers in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could, as suggested, do skewers/kebabs. Leg meat is fine for cooking quickly and rare or pink if you like. Personally, I don't like pieces of pepper or onion in my skewers - I just don't think they add anything. I'd prefer to do veg separately. Great with hummus, olives, tabouleh and good bread.

Or you could stew it with tinned tomatoes and butterbeans. (also onion garlic and herbs)(other veg optional - celery, carrot, red pepper, courgette, aubergine).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have a Neven Maguire recipe for lamb skewers with a great marinade, but I use it for chops and gigot chops also. After marinating, even for a short time, they will be very tender and fry quickly.

The Marinade is

lemon juice
    honey
    ginger
    garlic
    chilli (fresh or dried)
    soy sauce

I marinade for a few hours and fry them.
    Serve with lemon couscous and tzatziki.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Thanks all. I'll try them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Lamb karahi is also absolutely amazing. Not especially quick, but it's so worth it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62324571

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'd do skewers as well:

Marinade them over night in lemon juice, yoghurt, cumin, coriander, mint, garlic and ginger.

BBQ them to medium if you can.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement