Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amon Amarth gig 15th March- 6.30 start

Options
  • 21-02-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Why is this, so kids can get in?
    Any idea what time AA will take the stage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

human 19 wrote: »

I was going to go to this but ill never make it up in time if they start close to 6.30!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh hey, Longford.

Anyway, it's done at 11 according to the FB page, so you'd probably be looking at 9 to a 9:30 start for AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

I was going to go to this but ill never make it up in time if they start close to 6.30!

Where are you travelling from? Ill probably leave work in Mullingar around 3:00. So hard to judje the time.Must check out the other bands on myspace
    Denny M wrote: »
    Oh hey, Longford.

Anyway, it's done at 11 according to the FB page, so you'd probably be looking at 9 to a 9:30 start for AA.
    Thanks,will look for other concert reviews on the net and see if I can judge the times.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

On the last.fm page it lists 2 support bands, so would explain the early doors.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

If its doors at 6.30, the support bands will probably start at about 7 or maybe 7.30. AA should start around 9. Two decent support bands for this so should be a quality show overall. Damn, I can't wait to see Amon Amarth again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Missed them last time around, so will definitely go to see them again this time.

Yeah I'd imagine with the support bands it'd be at earliest 9 before AA start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'm coming up from limerick I've college until 4 though but then I have to get the train I could be cutting it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

human 19 wrote: »
    I'm guessing they can finish earlyish, as there is no Nightlink service on Thursday.

Looking forward to Amon Amarth and their support band, Grand Magus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Amon Amarth are 9:05 to 10:30 (times posted yesterday on DME Facebook page......

Last minute decision to go to this, should be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Last minute decision to go to this, should be fun!

I'm still deciding! 30 bob to just see one band (that I'm not really that in to) is my problem. Also saving for the Suffo\Cattle Decapitation gig in the Pint on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'm still deciding! 30 bob to just see one band (that I'm not really that in to) is my problem. Also saving for the Suffo\Cattle Decapitation gig in the Pint on Friday.

Yeah, I was gonna go to this, but Suffocation/Cattle Decapitation won for me.

Just got my ticket today. Looking forward to it. I saw them back in '09 and it was a great gig.

Denny M wrote: »
    Yeah, I was gonna go to this, but Suffocation/Cattle Decapitation won for me.

I'll wave....:pac:

chin_grin wrote: »
    Price made me think about as well, but you just can't beat a good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Price made me think about as well, but you just can't beat a good gig

True but I'm pish poor so have to weigh it up with gigs I'd have more fun attending vs the amount of bands that I actually want to see vs the price. That's right. It's a three way battle.

So, everyone enjoy the gig?

Was delighted to hear Under a Northern Star! Great song. The sound wasn't great for the first couple of songs I thought. You couldn't really hear one of thee guitarists great, which is crap for their melodic passages. But it seemed to improve as the night went on.

Grand Magnus! I had never listened to these guys and loved them. Caught the last 4-5 songs when I got in. Massive sound for a 3 piece, which is kinda unusual for metal. Loved the guitarists style, some tasty solos going on. And the sound for them was excellent.

Overall, great night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What a gig! Did anyone else think that the pit was nearly more entertaining than the band!? That was NUTS!

Links234 wrote: »
    What a gig! Did anyone else think that the pit was nearly more entertaining than the band!? That was NUTS!

It just continually grew as the gig went on. It was taking up most of the floor for part of it.

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Aye, but I had to get the circle pit started during (the 3rd or 4th song of) Amon Amarth :pac: I was the tall bearded dude in the BOA t-shirt :D

Does anyone know what the last two songs were? Got them on the iPhone, and would like to know what they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye, but I had to get the circle pit started during (the 3rd or 4th song of) Amon Amarth :pac: I was the tall bearded dude in the BOA t-shirt :D

Does anyone know what the last two songs were? Got them on the iPhone, and would like to know what they were.

I think I saw you in the pit, if you were the reaallly tall guy :P

And the last 2 songs were 'Twilight Of The Thunder God' and 'Guardians Of Asgaard'

Cill94 wrote: »
    I think I saw you in the pit, if you were the reaallly tall guy :P
    Aye, most likely as I'm 6 foot 6. Saw the usual kids pushing people into the pit from the side, so I dragged most of them in. Also dragged people into the circle pit as it needed more people :pac: and generally jumped around with a another long bearded metaler but as I didn't have my glasses on (didn't want them smashed) so I dunno who it was :confused: Ah well.
    Cill94 wrote: »
    And the last 2 songs were 'Twilight Of The Thunder God' and 'Guardians Of Asgaard'
    Cheers. Going to see if I can make the sound a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

the_syco wrote: »
    and generally jumped around with a another long bearded metaler but as I didn't have my glasses on (didn't want them smashed) so I dunno who it was :confused: Ah well.

That guy with the long beard kept on getting down on his knees and challenging you to charge at him..he looked a bit crazy! ha

Advertisement