Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT324 - Business Management - Advanced Entry

Options
  • 21-02-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currenty studying Business Mangement in ITT and want to transfer to do DIT for 2nd Year. But I noticed that most of the first year modules are different to what I am doing in ITT at the moment.

My modules for first year in ITT are: Economics, Business Admin, Financial Accounting, Business Maths, Information Systems, European Studies (Elective) but most of them are not in Module Listing for DIT:
    http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/businessmanagementdt324/

Can I still get accepted???

If Yes:

Can anyone tell me what the course is like in DIT, also is there anyone here who is currently in 1st year of that course and will be in 2nd year in Sept 2012 and tell me what the people in the class are like.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone???????????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Business management in ITT is a level 7 or a level 8 degree while DT324 is a level 6. If you get into DIT second year you would be in second year of a two year certificate.

I doubt you can switch easily between the two, you should make enquiries here

T: 01 402 7057 (John Jameson)
    T: 01 402 7062 (Edmund O’Callaghan)

E: john.jameson@dit.ie

E: Edmund.ocallaghan@dit.ie

W: www.dit.ie/retail

Perhaps you might be allowed do some kind of mix of first and second year where you do a few first year subjects and a few second year subjects since you did a lot of the first year subjects (with different names) and some second year ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks for the above info .

But I am doing a Level 6 Business Management course in ITT and my current class is a mix of Lv.6 and Lv.7 Students. Level 6 finish after 2 years and level 7 after 3 years but both do the same modules , after 2 years the level 6 students get a Higher Cert and are done whilst the level 7 students go into third year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

dan786 wrote: »
    Thanks for the above info .

But I am doing a Level 6 Business Management course in ITT and my current class is a mix of Lv.6 and Lv.7 Students. Level 6 finish after 2 years and level 7 after 3 years but both do the same modules , after 2 years the level 6 students get a Higher Cert and are done whilst the level 7 students go into third year.
    sorry my mistake just did a search for business management in ITT and only found info on the level 7s and 8s

Advertisement