Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity event post for suicide awareness deleted

Options
  • 21-02-2012 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

I posted a charity event Take Him Out for suicide awarness group console which takes place in the Tower Hotel in April .And it was deleted not only am i shocked im ashamed of whover decided to delete this thread .. Waterford is at an all time high for suicide and a post on a forum to help the event the mods have a problem with .

Ill Say it this way so i hope none of ye lose a friend or a family member to suicide cause after this im not sure if i want to be part of this forum

I await a repsonse

Neill Kelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Some absolutely ridiculous mod decisions being made in here over the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

did you get notification as to why it was deleted, or was it just a sneaky jab of the delete button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Did it definitely post ok, yeah? If so, it makes no sense to me that this would be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

`The mod probably deleted it cause it wasnt posted in the events part (or was it?) and they have rules about promoting and advertising?

Pm the mod and I'm sure it will be explained, poor form regardless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did it definitely post ok, yeah? If so, it makes no sense to me that this would be deleted.

Yup was there alright, had a read of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Shame on whoever deleted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Think it might be time for someone to think about stepping down as Waterford Mod. Maybe focus on other things in their life. Popping in every now and then in a locking and deleting spree is helping nobody.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Think it might be time for someone to think about stepping down as Waterford Mod. Maybe focus on other things in their life. Popping in every now and then in a locking and deleting spree is helping nobody.

Awfully sorry, but I didnt delete it. It was removed for advertising and I'm sure the mod who removed it will be in touch with Neill. I assume he thought it was obvious.

The other threads were closed for a valid reason, so do have some level of cop on. We do have a structure and set of way of doing this on boards, and just because a select few want a reason to complain doesn't mean it will change. I'm stunned that you of all people can't see or understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I could understand why it would be moved to the events thread, can't understand why it would be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one:

I was on the mobile site late last night and I just saw the title to the thread(which didn't mention suicide awareness) and read the first few lines and put I'd down to advertising and deleted the post till I had a proper look at it this morning and more then likely move it to the events thread I didn't even take notice that it was you who put it up Neill. We get quite a bit of advertising that we delete that nobody sees that we delete straight away.

Had I read the post properly I would not have dreamed of deleting it I'd hope most of you here would know me well enough as a MOD at this stage to know that. I genuinely apologise for the mistake and I'll undelete it now.

I have sadly been effected by suicide on more then one occasion so that makes me feel allot worse about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

All is well that ends well. See what a little patience and understanding can bring?

Its not very clear in the thread anyway that its for suicide and to be fair to ziedth, it looks like a lot of spam posts that appear. Easy mistake to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Who said I was talking about you Sully? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Had a weird experience here myself over the last couple of days. Situation was cleared up and got a kind apology from a higher up mod. Hopefully things will get back to normal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

fair play lads for having the balls to apologise! We,ve all been affected in some way by suicide it touches everyone sadly and i for one will support that event

Had a weird experience here myself over the last couple of days. Situation was cleared up and got a kind apology from a higher up mod. Hopefully things will get back to normal now.

On the Waterford forum? Or somewhere else on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Sully wrote: »
    On the Waterford forum? Or somewhere else on Boards?

Would rather not go into details. Am just glad it's cleared up. Onwards and upwards...

Would rather not go into details. Am just glad it's cleared up. Onwards and upwards...

That's fair enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Out of curiosity, how much of each ticket is being donated to the charity? It wasn't specified whether all the profits were or it's a profit for the organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one:

I was on the mobile site late last night and I just saw the title to the thread(which didn't mention suicide awareness) and read the first few lines and put I'd down to advertising and deleted the post till I had a proper look at it this morning and more then likely move it to the events thread I didn't even take notice that it was you who put it up Neill. We get quite a bit of advertising that we delete that nobody sees that we delete straight away.

Had I read the post properly I would not have dreamed of deleting it I'd hope most of you here would know me well enough as a MOD at this stage to know that. I genuinely apologise for the mistake and I'll undelete it now.

I have sadly been effected by suicide on more then one occasion so that makes me feel allot worse about it.

Thanks Ziedth

Much appreciated and apology accepted just need all the help with this one as we hope to raise €5000 on the night for the charity . Its actually a great charity and im happy that it was a mistake . Just need as much help as ive put my heart into this night and i have alot of favours pulled in ....

I think u should enter as one of our guys now though as a real apology :) , How many likes can this get will determine this :):):)

Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

20 x Podiums ..

If someone has a way of cutting this cost we need 20 pods with perspex front like a podium to be built , Im an electrician myself so i will wire them all . But if anyone has a good carpentry mind and brain and some ideas This is where we need to cuut our costs

My idea is to build from medite sheets spray them black or white . Put a emergency stop button as a light switch on top of each and perspex front with the light inside the podium ..

Should not be a problem to build but gettin this at the right cost is the problem because i want to raise as much as possible .

If anyone has an idea im on 0872828744

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

why not ask a builders providers would like like to sponsor it and they get good publicity from it

Advertisement