Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a house Share in St Kilda Area

Options
  • 21-02-2012 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi Everyone!

Myself and another friend are arriving into Melbourne tomorrow evening after a couple of months travelling in SE Asia like hundreds of others!

Our plan is to get work straight away but we dont want to hand over 30 dollars a night for a dorm bed in a hostel, this is day light robbery to us after having the luxury of 3 dollars a night for a bed in Cambodia!

We are on the look out for a cheap house share in the St Kilda area with fellow backpackers for the first few weeks. We dont mind sharing, We like to work hard but also enjoy a good party! :)

Is anyone else looking for ppl to share with or do you know of any where we could stay etc until we get back on our feet ...

Cheers Dee and Rebecca :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Hi Everyone!

Myself and another friend are arriving into Melbourne tomorrow evening after a couple of months travelling in SE Asia like hundreds of others!

Our plan is to get work straight away but we dont want to hand over 30 dollars a night for a dorm bed in a hostel, this is day light robbery to us after having the luxury of 3 dollars a night for a bed in Cambodia!

We are on the look out for a cheap house share in the St Kilda area with fellow backpackers for the first few weeks. We dont mind sharing, We like to work hard but also enjoy a good party! :)

Is anyone else looking for ppl to share with or do you know of any where we could stay etc until we get back on our feet ...

Cheers Dee and Rebecca :)

You should contact Jackson Apartments. They are based in St Kilda. Good thing about them is that there is no contract and no bond - just one weeks rent up front and all you need is one weeks notice before you decide to leave.

Be warned though, St Kilda is pricey (compared to Asia anyway!) and you guys are going to be paying around $180 a week each for some where half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

OP, I've just moved out of an apartment in St Kilda last Saturday. It's a 3 bed apartment but with 2 beds in each room. We were paying $150 a week which is as cheap as you'll get in St Kilda tbh. Send me a private message and I'll forward you outr landlord's details. We only paid one week in advance too.

Look into some of the suburbs surrounding St Kilda too because St Kilda is one of the most expensive places to live. Try to forget whatever it was you were paying in Cambodia too, you're not going to get anything even remotely close to that in Aus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

It will be a shock to the system alright coming from S.E.Asia (it was for me) but if you want somewhere that isnt a dump you will be paying min $25 a night.

Advertisement