Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel system for new born

Options
  • 21-02-2012 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi All
    we are expecting our first new born baby in 6 weeks time.
    We are looking at the various travel systems on the market.
    They vary a lot in price. We were thinking of the Uppa baby
    because the baby can sleep in this overnight. This is about €630.
    Just wondering are there any other good quality brands that is suitable
    for the baby to sleep in overnight but at a better price? Or is it a case
    of you pay for what you get?

Cheers
    Espoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

I got the bugaboo travel system, the carry cot is suitable and safe for night sleeping. It was pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got the Graco Mosaic travel system in Smyths. It was very reasonably priced at about 200 euro, and it's lightweight and lovely to push. I got the car seat base, and it's so handy. No faffing about with seatbelt, the car seat just clicks in and out of the base. It's o
    one of the cheapest travel systems on the market, but I'm very happy with it, no problems thus far:). Oh just realised you are looking for one to sleep in overnight, don't think it'd be suitable for that...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it comes down to what you want, the quinnys are popular and you can get a carry cot that they can sleep in.
    They stay in the carry cot for so short a time though I would not base your whole decision on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Espoo

Thanks all
    Yes its true about them not been in the carry cot too long. We can always buy some separate thing for that. Graco mosaic sounds good Cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Mothercare My Choice 3 wheel (or 4 wheel) Not as expensive as some, and not as cheap as others! well built, practical, and easy on the eye, converts to 'buggy mode' pump up tyres too, several colours & designs to chose from, Mothercare guarantee, we love it and so does our baby :)

http://http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Mychoice-3-Wheeler-Pushchair-Chassis/dp/B001NM0NIS

51x6pYhvyyL._SX315_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Hello,
    I am expecting my first baby at the end of March and we have ordered a Quinny Buzz from Tony Kealy's in Walkinstown (they also have branches in Cork and in Coolock). There was a deal on the quinny buzz, a car seat, isofix base, travel cot (one baby can sleep in overnight) and a foot muff. Think the entire price was just over €700. Only thing was that we ordered it a few weeks ago as apparently you can't just walk in and buy one! With six weeks to go though, you should be grand!
    Best of luck with whatever system you choose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 henlee

Hi,

I got the baby elegance "Beep" travel system. It cost €450 euro for the base, carrycot, buggy, baby bag, carseat and isofix base. you can get this direct from the baby elegance shop in dundrum or eurocycle eurobaby. I have to say I have found it really easy to use and I think the price is great. remember also that you will more than likely end up getting a light stroller when the baby is old enough so to me it makes sense not to spend a fortune on this system.
    best of luck and congratulations!

Thanks All
    How long do you's have the system for? I'm just wondering are some fine at first and then get shaky after a while?
    Can it accomodate a second child maybe at a later stage? by purchasing an add on etc?

Cheers
    Espoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 henlee

The "beep" system doesn't accomadate an add on. I have heard the ICandy is good if that is what you're looking for. I've been using my travel system for 3 months and no problems so far anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Espoo wrote: »
    Thanks All
    How long do you's have the system for? I'm just wondering are some fine at first and then get shaky after a while?
    Can it accomodate a second child maybe at a later stage? by purchasing an add on etc?

Cheers
    Espoo

Hi Congrats, best of luck!

I ve read that the Uppa baby can accomodate a second seat when needed. Which is very handy so it can be used as either a single or double. I ve a quinny, which I thought was over rated:(, I have PnTeds now as double, but I use it as a single for walking when older guy is in playschool. Also have stroller in boot:D, I ve a bit of a buggy habit, but no more babies for me so Im done. a friend told me about the uppa baby it read s great. looks good. The upper weight for the carry cot seems to be higher than the quinny carry cot so that s good means you get more out of it. For me a buggy compatabile with the maxicosy car seat would be essential. IMHO its the best car seat by far

Enjoy I loved this stage and all the choosing:D

• Advertisement

Thanks All. Lisha Do you like the P & Teds? Would you recommend it also? The Uppa baby seems to be very popular alright

Espoo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I have a phil and ted and I'm very happy with it. I never tried a travel system and I ruled them out because we live in an apartment do we don't have space for all the bits and pieces.

I also really like the out and about nipper but as we'd always intended to have two children very close together the phil and teds was the most suitable. My mum used it for childminding two little ones and she raved about it so we got it on her recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you sure you need the full travel system? They take up a pile of space, and a lot of it is redundant very quickly?

We got a buggy and a carseat which worked out cheaper, more compact and suited us very well. Out and About Nipper, and a maxi cosi. They can clip together. We found the out and about to be fantastic, and it lies back fully, so even as a one year old now, she still takes naps in there when we are out. My friends with travel systems can no longer do that, as their little ones won't sleep sitting up, and they are grown out of the basket attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Espoo wrote: »
    Thanks All. Lisha Do you like the P & Teds? Would you recommend it also? The Uppa baby seems to be very popular alright

Espoo

I do like the pnt a lot esp for country walks. I dont use it in boot unless we on a daytrip,.its great then for baby to sleep in as main seat lies really flat. I used maxi cosi on quinny wheels when she was a baby. So I cant comment on pnt for that . Some do think second baby is a bit far back in second seat but its neat for walking and for shopping I find. Id be interested in seeing pnteds with the uppababy. It s really a matter of what you need it for.

Got p+teds explorer yesterday. It can accomodate a second child if one comes along. Has the big wheels. Ideal for country walking. Was sold at a discount so We are happy enough. Thanks for all the advice.

Advertisement