Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone locked out of Itunes

• 21-02-2012 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Morning all, my missus set her iphone up so to would only work with her personal laptop, that's recently gone through a harddrive failure and the itunes is now gone from her laptop.

When she plugs it into any other itunes, she cannot sync without restoring it, which of course means she loses everything. She is no on IOS5 so cannot back up to cloud, is there any way of fixing this without losing everything on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What exactly is on it that she needs to keep and that's the way all iPhones/iPods work. You can't sync with another iTunes library with erasing everything first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

There's an app called multitunes on cydia (if you have a jailbroken phone) that will allow you to sync with multiple itunes libraries. It might not solve your immediate problem and it has some limitations but could be useful if this happens again.

If you are worried about losing your apps, you could do a restore and then download them all again. This would be time consuming but wont cost you any money as Itunes will remember (as long as you use the same log in and password) that you previously owned the app and will let you download it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Montiferson

Cheers for that, I'll look into it.
    As it stands the phone is not jailbroken, she doesn't want to lose any photos so I'm guessing the only way is to bump them to my phone and transfer them back when the phone is restored

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

There is a programme you can get called disk aid which allows you to transfer everything on your phone onto your computer without ITunes. Google Diskaid and you should find it.

Advertisement