Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat Lambay View

Options
  • 21-02-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

I am posting on behalf of a friend who is missing their cat.

she's orange with a white chest and paws. Had a plain black collar on with a tab saying "My Home" on it, though she may not have it anymore, because it's one of those ones with a clip that opens easily in case the cat gets stuck on something. Small head, answers to Waffle. We saw her when we put her out the back yesterday morning before work and not since then.She doesn't go too far from the house, so we're hoping she's probably around Lambay View/St Catherine's estate (RUSH ,Dublin) somewhere, but she may have strayed further.About 2 years old. She has breathing problem and snorts rather than miows.( the cat not my friend :D)

If anyone comes across her around that area drop me a PM . My friend would be delighted.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Pm sent, hopefully some useful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 swjf

Hi everyone,

I am the friend that Martron posted on behalf of. Firstly (as an ex-Boards user!) Mods, is it ok that I post here? There's a post in the animals forum under lost and found aswell, but I think this forum gets more local traffic and may prove to be more useful.

As said in the original post, we've lost our cat, Waffle. She's a small ginger cat, and may be wearing a black collar. We have both herself and her sister, and they go out every morning. She never came back on Monday evening, which is unusual because they both stick fairly closely to the house and are very regular about being at home. We've checked all around our estate (Lambay View), the surrounding roads, St Catherines and the Palmer Road, and found nothing. She's very friendly and (distinguishing features) has a small black freckle on her nose, and doesn't miaow much. She's got some breathing problems, so she tends to snort a bit - she sounds like someone with a blocked nose a lot of the time.

We've posted photos on Drogheda Animal Rescue (which is where we got them from) and Lost Cats and Kittens Facebook pages, and I've emailed Catsaid.org. We will probably hang some posters aswell in the coming days. I've put links to the Facebook pages below.

Can you please, please keep an eye out for her. If you have any kids, or know any kids, can you please ask them to keep an eye out too (they tend to notice more than we do). The kids in the houses around us all seem to know her quite well and are aware that she's missing. I'd also ask you to check your gardens - sheds, garages, under decks etc - because she may have got stuck somewhere. I know it might seem like a long shot, but we really really want her back. You can PM myself or Martron if you see anything.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lost-CatsKittens/368420186518217

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150616662824280&set=o.207121425220&type=1&theater

Thanks for your help

PS - Thanks for your call yesterday Neil Sedaka, we had a look around that area late yesterday evening and couldn't find anything, but we really appreciate the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Just giving this thread a bump. Hope that's ok mods.

Thanks Neil.

Just to let everyone know we've had a couple of calls to say Waffle may have been seen on the Palmer Road, particularly in the Ladycove area (the last call was this morning).

Can you please, please keep an eye out for her if you're in this area. She's very friendly, if you manage to get close enough to catch her (food is always a good incentive for her) and we would be so grateful to anyone who could find her and get her back to us. We have her sister aswell and they're very much a pair.

If you could PM me if you manage to see anything that would be great, and as I said before, ask the kids to keep an eye out. There are posters up in the shops in Rush with a number on them either, to ring. I've put a couple of photos with this post.

Thanks everyone.

Hi all,
    We looked at the cat in the Ladycove estate and it's not Waffle.
    Can you please keep an eye out for us around the Rush area? She's very much missed and we really want her back.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi all, just to let you know that Waffle was brought home safe and sound this evening, by a local lady. She had travelled maybe 2 miles...(I think!) and made herself at home in someone else's house.
    Needless to say we are absolutely delighted to have her back, but have to say thanks to everyone (especially Neil Sedaka) for all their help. People have been really amazing this week and it's great to see how much strangers rally around to help, even for something as "small" as a lost cat. It's really, really restored my faith in people, (though I always knew I had fantastic neighbours!), but realised this week how great a community there is here in Rush too.
    Thanks again for all your help - a happy ending:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm delighted for you all!

Advertisement