Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leader Group Funding

Options
  • 21-02-2012 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Morning All,
    Just wondering has anyone dealt with any of the Leader Groups around the country regards getting some funding for their ideas?

Like a lot of people I've one or two ideas that I'd like to move to the next stage, but I could really do with some funding to carry out a feasibility study.

I've spoken to some Leader people but they weren't exactly the most user friendly and for some reason were not very forthcoming with information.

Any ideas or suggestions regards dealing with them would be very much appreciated. Of course are they any good at all or are they just yet another quango/talking shop?

Regards,
    IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ideas_Please

Is there no one out there that's had any dealings with any of the regional Leader Groups? Your thoughts and/or suggestions would be welcome.

IP

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

We have dealt with a number of Leader applications and find Leader to be helpful. They also have money if your project is eligible. You really need to talk to your local Leader group though as your location will determine which group can help you. Also, while there are national guidlelines, local/regional groups may have their own policies on what they wish to support.

By way of example (in case your local group do not have a website) see:
    http://cldc.ie/PDF/CLDC%20Leader%202007-2013.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Speak to your Enterprise Board - strictly speaking they are supposed to refer you to Leader, you don't go direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

You certainly can go directly to a Leader group, at least in the areas Ihave dealt with. They usually have a protocol with the local County Enterprise Board alright so that they are not competing for the same project. No harm in contacting both - CEB's tend to be good for feasibility study grants anyway and both will at least give you feedback on your proposal. Both offer mentoring programs also which might be of help - often of greater value than a monetary grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ideas_Please

Thanks v much

• Advertisement
Advertisement