Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell - Songbook Tour

Options
  • 21-02-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a366954/soundgardens-chris-cornell-brings-unplugged-songbook-tour-to-uk.html

Chris Cornell has announced the UK leg of his Songbook tour.
    The Soundgarden frontman plays his first headline UK dates in over three years with a series of intimate unplugged shows this summer.
    Cornell will play tracks from across his entire career, including those originally recorded with Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog.
    Tickets are priced from £27.50 to £35 and go on sale this Friday, February 24 at 10am.

The full tour dates are as follows:
    • June 16 - Manchester Lowry
    • June 18 - London Palladium
    • June 19 - Birmingham Symphony Hall
    • June 20 - Newcastle City Hall
    After their split in 2007, Cornell confirmed Soundgarden's reunion two years ago.
    He had previously denied rumours that he was to join Led Zeppelin as a replacement for Robert Plant.
    Between 2001 and 2007, Cornell fronted Audioslave, a band consisting of then-ex Rage Against the Machine stars Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk
    Cornell fronted Temple of the Dog between 1990 and 1992 and the band have played a handful of reunion performances over the past decade.
    Cornell last year said that Soundgarden's comeback album, their first since 1996's Down on the Upside, would be very diverse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Would have liked to see a date here, he was great in the Olympia a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would have liked to see a date here, he was great in the Olympia a few years back.

Yes me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

That's the full UK leg, he has said more dates are to be added though.....only one has been so far and that's in Sweden.....

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

As much as id like to see him play here id prefer to see soundgarden. Soundgarden's tour dates end at the moment on June 10th so I hope we get more dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Neo# wrote: »
    As much as id like to see him play here id prefer to see soundgarden. Soundgarden's tour dates end at the moment on June 10th so I hope we get more dates.

Will see Soundgarden at Download, but I want to see the Songbook set too :-) yeah I'm greedy ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anyone got a pre-sale password for this? I joined the mailing list this morning, but I don't know if the passwords have already been sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Anyone going to this next week? June 13th in the Olympia.

Do you know will I be allowed take a Nikon D40 in, or would I be stopped with it? I am sitting very near the stage so would love to get some good shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyone going to this next week? June 13th in the Olympia.

Do you know will I be allowed take a Nikon D40 in, or would I be stopped with it? I am sitting very near the stage so would love to get some good shots.
    Cornell has a sponsorship deal with Cannon, so no Nikons will be allowed in, also no Slash tshirts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

ok, mildly funny, should have just said a DSLR then....

• Advertisement
Advertisement