Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay Z & Kanye West - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I was online at 9am this morning and the best seated tickets I could get were Block L. What's the deal with the lower tier seats, are they sold out already or do they wait unitl general sale on Friday to sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that the cheapest ticket price?

there was one at 70 euro which would work out 76euro. Really don't see where they are getting the service charge now. Even more so that they tickets are sent out electronically.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I was online at 9am this morning and the best seated tickets I could get were Block L. What's the deal with the lower tier seats, are they sold out already or do they wait unitl general sale on Friday to sell them?

Same here Nutzz I got 2 in Block M

Wonder what block goes on sale tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Same here Nutzz I got 2 in Block M

Wonder what block goes on sale tomorrow ?

Did you pick seated tickets or did you get them cos standing was gone? Trying to get a code and pick these up tonight but be looking for standing ones. Damn if they're sold out!! Been to both seated and standing at the o2 and its always been rocking in the standing section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I found this on the EP forum but there's a Facebook Like MCD pre-sale as well. Here's the direct link to buy tickets if you don't want to like:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004834D9D575B0

Worked for me, got 2 standing.

edit: you need to have liked MCD facebook, http://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions, and be logged into FB or that link doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I found this on the EP forum but there's a Facebook Like MCD pre-sale as well. Here's the direct link to buy tickets if you don't want to like:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004834D9D575B0

Worked for me, got 2 standing.

edit: you need to have liked MCD facebook, http://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions, and be logged into FB or that link doesn't work.
    Cheers, got my mates sorted with tickets. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Due to phenomenal demand to see two of Hip-hop's biggest stars, Jay-Z and Kanye West have added yet another date to the UK leg of their 'Watch The Throne' world tour. This third new date has been confirmed for Manchester's Arena on Tuesday 12th June.

Jay-Z and Kanye West 2012 UK Tour Dates are as follows:

May 20th - The O2 Arena, London
    May 21st – The O2 Arena, London – NEW DATE
    May 22nd – The O2 Arena, London – NEW DATE
    June 11th - Manchester Arena
    June 12th – Manchester Arena – NEW DATE
    June 13th - LG Arena Birmingham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Got an email from Ticketmaster earlier saying;
    Please note that there has been a change to the seats you purchased for Watch The Throne in THE O2, DUBLIN on 08-JUN-2012

Due to unforeseen circumstances the seats your purchased are been used for production.

We have accommodated you with the best available seats.

Anyone else get this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

^^^ im sure they'll look after you with good seats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hoopyhammer

A V A wrote: »
    ^^^ im sure they'll look after you with good seats:)
    doubt it,they'll probably give you seats near the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Raoul wrote: »
    My tickets are standing and they were €80.6. What exactly do the different standing prices mean?

Theres only one price for standing tickets:

TIERED SEATING
    €69.50 - €79.50

STANDING
    €74.50

And then there is the VIP ticket for €266.00

+ the €6.10 booking fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

DC10555 wrote: »
    Theres only one price for standing tickets:

TIERED SEATING
    €69.50 - €79.50f

STANDING
    €74.50

+ the €6.10 booking fees.
    Do you have to pay booking fee if you buy from an outlet as opposed to online?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Do you have to pay booking fee if you buy from an outlet as opposed to online?

That's a good question o_O

Found this on Independent.ie:
    Ticketmaster also added that you can purchase the tickets without incurring a booking fee, either by purchasing tickets at the Ticketmaster outlet at St Stephens Green Centre in Dublin city centre or at the venue box office, in this case at O2.
    So Smart Consumer reckons that if anyone is buying concert tickets and wants to avoid the booking fee, get them directly from the venue or get someone you know in Dublin to buy them at Ticketmaster's outlet for you.
    Link

Although the article was posted in 2009 so maybe times have changed..

Hey, thanks for that. Just I'll be picking up tickets this morning, better have an extra few quid with me for the service charge.

Got my tickets!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Got my tickets!
    Nice one! This gig will be insane, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Hit 'Find Tickets' at 9 on the dot, and no middle tier tickets offered???
    (Won't even ask about the 1st tier).

Got 2 front row of central enough 3rd tier, and randomly 2 standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Standing is sold out now

Standing is sold out now

Wow, glad i was queing early so!

What was available this morning in Tiered Seating ???

In Pre Sale... Only Very Back was offered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

DC10555 wrote: »

what does that include out of interest? can't see anything about it on ticketmaster

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    What was available this morning in Tiered Seating ???

In Pre Sale... Only Very Back was offered

2 of us on-line this am at 9. 1 person tried solely for Middle/First Tier (Block B C D E F). None.

Were offered 3rd Tier only (in this order of 'best available'), Block M, N, KK, J, P, H. No L, which is the center block. Seats offered were from the front row onwards of each block.

So who got the First and Middle tiers?

what does that include out of interest? can't see anything about it on ticketmaster

These (? how many) sold out within about 25-30 mins, :confused:

As I recall (quick scan), the seating was in the first or middle tier, by the sound crew, with entry to the Premium Lounge before, during and after the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

"Jay Z and Kanye West have added a 2nd show! First date is now SOLD OUT! Tickets for extra date are on sale Thurs 1st March #watchthethrone"

via MCD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

got a good enough seat start of the second g stand , they wernt offereing any other seats tho!!! shall be good, didn want to stand as i want to enjoy it cause i know its will be a good one,
    second date added :) id say if they could do more they would but the time shedule wont let them

how many nights would you say they would sell out ?? i think 3 or 4

2 of us on-line this am at 9. 1 person tried solely for Middle/First Tier (Block B C D E F). None.

Were offered 3rd Tier only (in this order of 'best available'), Block M, N, KK, J, P, H. No L, which is the center block. Seats offered were from the front row onwards of each block.

So who got the First and Middle tiers?

Im guessing the suits as in Pre Sale it was Back Blocks ONLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Any word on O2\MCD presales for the new date? I might get a friend on O2 to get into that if I can for standing tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fade342knee640

Hmm, the URL that was showing this is no longer available, If I recall though it was just some sort of special seating option close to the stage I think O.o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Do ya just print off the 02 presale tickets.and thats it?

Advertisement