Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay Z & Kanye West - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any Friday tickets back on sale?

That very bad form reducing the price

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Anyone any idea about what time they'll be on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

cant belive they lowered the price of tickets, im a student struggled hard to get 70 euro together shocking stuff on mcd part, cant wait for 2moro!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

but1er wrote: »
    cant belive they lowered the price of tickets, im a student struggled hard to get 70 euro together shocking stuff on mcd part, cant wait for 2moro!!!

The slashed price seats are limited view seats, i.e. something like this
    lucasoilstadium_seatview.jpg

Our €70 tickets will be worth every cent I can promise you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

the whole of the o2 has unobstructed views for seated tickets mate, nothing like the above. :=)

Anyone know waht time they will be on stage, in work till 7pm!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

wtf you can still get tickets for tonight on ticket master !!! i put in for 2 standing tickets

and wtf there's decent seating tickets left in block c second block , better fcukin seats than what i got when they cam out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

A V A wrote: »
    and wtf there's decent seating tickets left in block c second block , better fcukin seats than what i got when they cam out

Sometimes seats are held over for 'VIP's', media etc that don't get used and get put on sale the day of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Anyone any idea about what time they'll be on stage?
    7:45pm according to MCD
    No support act so get there early

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Jay Z and Kanye performed in Paris a couple of days ago and played Niggas In Paris....11 TIMES!! :eek:

Can't wait for tonight!

• Advertisement

indiewindy wrote: »
    7:45pm according to MCD
    No support act so get there early

Wow, that's early! Am dropping off exam teens, to let off some steam, and told them we're leaving the house at 8. Thanks for that, there would have been steam coming out of their ears with just the encore :eek:

but1er wrote: »

From the MCD site:

Ahead of bringing their critically acclaimed Watch The Throne live show to Dublin this weekend Jay Z and Kanye West are doing their part for austerity by offering a special priced ticket for sale for Saturdays show at the O2. A limited number of tickets priced €49.50 for students and unwaged fans across selected price levels are available only at Ticketmaster outlets nationwide now. For complete list of outlets see Ticketmaster.ie.

Tickets are available via cash only transaction and subject to availability. Student or unwaged I.D. required. Please note this offer is not available via telephone, online or by credit card facilities as these would incur additional charges.

Speaking today Jay Z and Kanye West have stated that Irish fans have always been great supporters of their music over the years and hopefully this will go some way to accommodate fans who unfortunately may not have been able to attend Saturdays show.

Watch The Throne: Jay Z and Kanye West live at The O2, Friday 8th (Sold Out) and Saturday 9th June.

From the MCD site:

Ahead of bringing their critically acclaimed Watch The Throne live show to Dublin this weekend Jay Z and Kanye West are doing their part for austerity by offering a special priced ticket for sale for Saturdays show at the O2. A limited number of tickets priced €49.50 for students and unwaged fans across selected price levels are available only at Ticketmaster outlets nationwide now. For complete list of outlets see Ticketmaster.ie.

Tickets are available via cash only transaction and subject to availability. Student or unwaged I.D. required. Please note this offer is not available via telephone, online or by credit card facilities as these would incur additional charges.

Speaking today Jay Z and Kanye West have stated that Irish fans have always been great supporters of their music over the years and hopefully this will go some way to accommodate fans who unfortunately may not have been able to attend Saturdays show.

Watch The Throne: Jay Z and Kanye West live at The O2, Friday 8th (Sold Out) and Saturday 9th June.

What a load of rubbish, the Saturday night didn't sell out and MCD lowered the prices to fill the O2. They don't give two hoots about students or the 'unwaged'!

t shirts are 4o bats :eek: fcukin hell!!!!

tour merch from the paris show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

t shirts are 4o bats :eek: fcukin hell!!!!

tour merch from the paris show

get the ones outside for a 10er cheers

no there cheap and look stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Just about to head in now. Going to be so epic.

The tshirts look nice but 40yoyos is a lot to be forking out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sometimes seats are held over for 'VIP's', media etc that don't get used and get put on sale the day of the concert.

for 90% of shows this is the case. I've a friend who's gotten front row seats for a number of shows by doing it this way.

I just assume that everyone knows this. It's been like that for as long as i've been goign to concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭klose

That was ridiculous, easily the best concert I've ever been to.

They put on such a great show, worth every cent

• Advertisement

That was ridiculous, easily the best concert I've ever been to.

They put on such a great show, worth every cent

Absolutely! Just in the door from it now...what a set list...epic! I'll post up some videos tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

jesus that was some show! i wasn't drinking at all and managed to get pretty close to the front. most annoying thing was the constant stream of women coming from the front, like the drake gig.

it's been a busy week with forbidden fruit, deadmau5 and the throne and i think this just shades grimes as the highlight.

and there was a serious cat-fight in front of me, left of the stage. one chick pulled the hair off another and dragged her off some lads shoulders, they were going at it for ages.

i wish there was more jay-z, the crowd seemed to prefer kanye though. like only one song off the blueprint and nothing off Reasonable doubt which is to be expected i suppose.

a few videos and pics here if anyone cares:
    https://plus.google.com/114596293481000084447/posts

but you gotta watch the video of the guy front centre recording photos and video with his ipad! don't know why he brought it in
    https://plus.google.com/114596293481000084447/posts/iXQGDduq2xA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

lordgoat wrote: »

for 90% of shows this is the case. I've a friend who's gotten front row seats for a number of shows by doing it this way.

I just assume that everyone knows this. It's been like that for as long as i've been goign to concerts.
    Never heard that before, are the tickets full price on the day?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Never heard that before, are the tickets full price on the day?

they're just normal price. It's generally, the front row of the centre balcony in Vicar St, front row at Grand Canal Theatre, Olympia are the boxes - which rarely go on sale to the public.

For most gigs though i'd always check every day in the 2-3 weeks before it's on to see if any come back on sale.

that was a brilliant gig, my favorite of anything iv seen!!! couldnt believe it!!

it was just everything about the stage and performance, i was fcukin delighted when he did his verse from mercy, said he was doin it cause it was his bday ,he didnt do it in pars or anything

when i first saw niggas in paris being played 11 times i was like fcuk that but when your in the moment you dont give a fcuk, they did it like 5 times!!

i bought a tshirt , i think it was worth it!! also the concert might be on dvd cause the cameras all around the o2 and the cameras at the stage,havent seen that many at a concert in the o2 before.

ill remember that for as long as i live, it was so unreal to see kanye finaaly in person!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

also the concert might be on dvd cause the cameras all around the o2 and the cameras at the stage,havent seen that many at a concert in the o2 before.

Erm, you know there were big screens, right? I wouldn't be surprised if it got a release, but I would be very surprised if they chose Dublin for it.

Erm, you know there were big screens, right? I wouldn't be surprised if it got a release, but I would be very surprised if they chose Dublin for it.

erm yeah but its doesnt take more than 3 camears on each side of the venue !! and i on stage!!!!
    there wont be a dublin one,i know that but they might be using for some sort of footage for alll the euro dates combined

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank T.J. Mackey

What time did they get on stage at lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

erm yeah but its doesnt take more than 3 camears on each side of the venue !! and i on stage!!!!
    there wont be a dublin one,i know that but they might be using for some sort of footage for alll the euro dates combined

It's not normal to use that many cameras, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. It gave them scope to put on a better show without that much expense.
    What time did they get on stage at lads?

Just after 8.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

8.30pm, if not 8.40

Advertisement