Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused: Samsung Galaxy 2 vs. HTC Sensation XE

Options
  • 21-02-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I have been looking at Samsung Galaxy 2 and the HTC Sensation XE. I use a phone for making phone calls and texts but like the idea of music and wifi. My current phone is a Samsung (4 years old). Not that impressed with its navigation especially when it comes to messaging.

Both a son and daughter swear by their Samsung Galaxy 2. Good reason to want to be different :-) Anyone care to comment on signal and call quality and wifi on these phones. I live in Meath South West and generally have no problems with signal. Interested in actual user experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Both pretty good devices and it would really be only down to your personal choice as to which you want, try out both, ask for a demo in a shop if you don't know anyone with the HTC and then decide for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you're into music, the headphones that come with the XE are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

if the weight is important, the galaxy weighs a lot less, and is more slimline too.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

I have the HTC Sensation XE and the battery life is brutal. Even only using it for a few calls and txting it only lasts 36 hrs max. A lot less if you are surfing etc. Battery on my only iphone 4 even after 19 months use was better than that!

crashplan wrote: »
    I have the HTC Sensation XE and the battery life is brutal. Even only using it for a few calls and txting it only lasts 36 hrs max. A lot less if you are surfing etc. Battery on my only iphone 4 even after 19 months use was better than that!

Bigger screen would drain the battery quicker. iOS 5 is also less efficient than iOS 4 so you won't be seeing much better life on iPhone's today, still better due to the confined multitasking but not as big a difference as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Galaxy S3 product announcement in a month.

You might want to sit tight for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bazza1love

I read recently the Galaxy s 2 will soon be getting the new android ICW(ice cream sandwich) possibly in march. i have it on my galaxy s 1 and i assure you its a lot better with battery and general running.
    My bro had the sensation and its a quality phone wit some extra features the s2 doesn't have, but how long will it take htc to release ICW? I had a htc tattoo b4 and i didnt like thier attitude post sales i.e. they were slow to release updates. prob a bit more expensive than the s2 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

ICS is due for Sensation range in March also

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Black Bloc

crashplan wrote: »

Anyone having HTC reception problems? I posted this on the Android forum in error earlier today:

I bought a HTC Sensation recently (business account). Lots of features and I looked forward to it, having been with a lower spec though reliable Samsung before. Disappointment would best sum up my experience. Signal strength is very variable, even within the one building, whether you chop and change between GSM or not (I travel between Meath and Dublin).

Yesterday and today I tried it side by side with a another lower spec phone in Italy and the HTC had zero signal, the other phone (a Nokia X2) has two bars. I contacted HTC and to their credit they have agreed to send me a new back plate where the antennae are located.

I have no problems with WIFI. In contrast to the phone signal reception, WIFI reception has proven excellent so far. Thank goodness fro Viber.

if the new replacement plate from HTC doesn't do the trick, the phone will be going back.

My brother has one in a traditionally a low signal area in Co.Meath but has no issues with GSM reception, some 3G reception issues but never dropped calls or lack of GSM reception.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Black Bloc wrote: »
    I have no problems with WIFI. In contrast to the phone signal reception, WIFI reception has proven excellent so far. Thank goodness fro Viber.

if the new replacement plate from HTC doesn't do the trick, the phone will be going back.

Hi,
    This is an official representative of Viber :)

Overall, Viber should work just fine on both WiFi and 3G networks.

Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
    We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Please note that having full 3G reception doesn't mean your internet's bandwidth is at the maximum expected. When you see a "full reception bar", it merely means that physically, your phone is covered with the cellular signal.

When it comes to the bandwidth itself, your connection could still be slow due to various different reasons, such as being in an area with many other users from the same provider, thus congesting the network.

Meanwhile, as you mentioned, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber sound generally clear and are free of such disruptions.

Advertisement