Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote control garden / outdoor switch

Options
  • 21-02-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

im putting in a floodlight and taking the power from it from an existing power source in the garden, the downside of this is i wont have a switch in the house for it, i can use a timer or a light sensor but i was wondering if there was such a thing as a remote garden / outdoor light switch, ive seen a few indoor ones online but nothing for a garden yet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

theyre available alright,never usrd em
    theres wireless and ones that work on the powerline

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

You need this:

gardenlux.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Steinel do a wirless remote (rm400) and receiver (fe8100) which work on radio frequency. I have used them a few times and never had a problem. Although expensive (around 120 + vat for both) they do the job. All you do is connect your lights and power supply to the receiver and the remote operates them on/off from anywhere in your house/garden/car etc. The one remote allows for up to 4 different receivers to switch on or off circuits ie. pump,security lights etc.
    The receiver has ip rating for use outdoors ie. mounting on a wall. I usually put it in a waterproof box though and still works fine from distance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

desoc32 wrote: »
    Steinel do a wirless remote (rm400) and receiver (fe8100) which work on radio frequency. I have used them a few times and never had a problem. Although expensive (around 120 + vat for both) they do the job. All you do is connect your lights and power supply to the receiver and the remote operates them on/off from anywhere in your house/garden/car etc. The one remote allows for up to 4 different receivers to switch on or off circuits ie. pump,security lights etc.
    The receiver has ip rating for use outdoors ie. mounting on a wall. I usually put it in a waterproof box though and still works fine from distance.

+1

I have used this several times. Absolutely bullet proof.
    It also comes with the normal 3 year warranty.
    Just look at the specs
    They will also work with Stinel wireless PIRs

Advertisement