Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re: fundraising ideas

Options
  • 21-02-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have an assistance pup in training with me for the next 12-18months.

The organisation have charity status & receive NO government funding.

Currently it costs 15k per pup from the time pup is born until he/she qualifies to become an assistance dog...

Anyone have any fundraising ideas outside the usual bucket collections etc...

** No PM's please re paid Fundraising services**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You could have a sponsored dog walk.
    The usual coffee mornings/ bake sales go down well in community settings but try to think of these incorporating animals or dogs particularly.
    I think the novelty would draw animal lovers in and if you could get a local community centre to allow people to bring their dogs to the cake sale/ coffee mornings it could work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thank you for the suggestion:)
    ElleEm wrote: »
    You could have a sponsored dog walk.
    The usual coffee mornings/ bake sales go down well in community settings but try to think of these incorporating animals or dogs particularly.
    I think the novelty would draw animal lovers in and if you could get a local community centre to allow people to bring their dogs to the cake sale/ coffee mornings it could work really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

marley123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an assistance pup in training with me for the next 12-18months.

The organisation have charity status & receive NO government funding.

Currently it costs 15k per pup from the time pup is born until he/she qualifies to become an assistance dog...

Anyone have any fundraising ideas outside the usual bucket collections etc...

hi marley private mailed you, thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Fair play to you, those dog services do amazing work.

Could you try and get a bag pack in a super market? Or a table quiz? One thing we're trying this year is collecting old things that could be sold and bring them to some car boot sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

cakes for canines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

Would help if you could be a bit more specific on the organisation that would use the assistance dog.
    That said, have you considered running a charity golf classic?
    Takes a bit of organising – you would need a team of people to help with contacting clubs to agree a deal then marketing / sales (which you could do among friends, or using web-based social media such as Facebook, etc.).
    Most golf clubs support a number of charity days during the year and, depending on the charity, would be prepared to give over their course for a specified time at very reasonable cost.
    For example, if you got agreement from a club for a rate of €10 per person for golf alone or less than €20 per person including a meal, then a charge of €50 per person would clear you €30 per person in profit.
    So, if you could bring in 160 players (40 teams of 4 @ €200 per team), this would give you a profit of €4,800. To boost the proceeds you could have a raffle to bring in say, 120 * €10 = €1,200 and look for sponsored prizes.
    That would bring your total net take for the day to €6,000.
    Events like this might only produce 50% or 60% of the above in year 1, but you can build on that in later years to give you a regular yearly cash income.
    The secret is to get a team together, don’t charge too much, get sponsorship and do the best deal you can with the golf club (if you have a contact, who is a club or committee member, that would help).
    I’ve seen it done for GAA Clubs and various other charities, so you might consider trying it.
    Good luck!

Advertisement