Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router recommendations

Options
  • 21-02-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know this may be old chestnut but systems change so rapidly its hard to keep up with what is available and where.
    Presently on router number 3 from Eircom. The staff are great but the router are rubbish. The old Netopia worked great but with the upgrade came a new Zylum/ zylam or what ever name router(rubbish). It came for free or part of my payments. I need some help selecting a new router. I need upstair/downstairs cover for 4 PC/laptops & 5 phones. Cnet .com recommend D-Link and Linksys routers. Is there other sites or recommendations. I am looking for GB ports (4) for wired & dual band wireless. What should I be looking for to future proof my purchase for a couple of years.
    All suggestions would be welcome and much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

recycled wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know this may be old chestnut but systems change so rapidly its hard to keep up with what is available and where.
    Presently on router number 3 from Eircom. The staff are great but the router are rubbish. The old Netopia worked great but with the upgrade came a new Zylum/ zylam or what ever name router(rubbish). It came for free or part of my payments. I need some help selecting a new router. I need upstair/downstairs cover for 4 PC/laptops & 5 phones. Cnet .com recommend D-Link and Linksys routers. Is there other sites or recommendations. I am looking for GB ports (4) for wired & dual band wireless. What should I be looking for to future proof my purchase for a couple of years.

Hello

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Netgear DGN2200

If I was getting a modem then I'd be getting one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I am looking for GB ports (4) for wired & dual band wireless. What should I be looking for to future proof my purchase for a couple of years.

Any Netgear or TPLink with a built in modem would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Hello

Thanks for input. I'm looking for Gig lan.

wired PC
    " PC
    " PC Modem
    " PC
    " PC
    Would you suggest a separate Gig switch for the Gig Lan. Or should I go down the road of purchasing a router. Any advise will be taken on board.

Advertisement