Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go about a client login?

• 21-02-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Guys iam designing a website whereby I would like the client to be able to login(vis username and pw) and track the progress of the work being done to their order. I have been looking online but still confused as to what I need to learn or how to approach this. Can someone advise how this is done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You can get plugins to do this for you with the likes of wordpress or joomla etc. Does your CMS cater for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

It does yeah. If I wanted to design from scratch is it al PHP based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Do you have any programming skills or are just a designer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

There's an easy way around it. You most likely have your own hosting - put the website in one of the sub-folders, create a custom name for it and give it to your client. If you are working directly on your server, then there shouldn't be any problems at all... If not - just make constant updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Are we talking about while you are building the site for him ?

if So you are looking for CRM software. Alternatively you could set out milestones and dates in a spread sheet and mark them off when they are completed. there was a site that was huge a couple of years ago and I cannot think of the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

sheesh wrote: »
    Are we talking about while you are building the site for him ?

if So you are looking for CRM software. Alternatively you could set out milestones and dates in a spread sheet and mark them off when they are completed. there was a site that was huge a couple of years ago and I cannot think of the name

Basecamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Feathers wrote: »

thats the one thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

sheesh wrote: »
    thats the one thanks! :)

:) np. Never used it myself, but looks quiet good alright

Advertisement