Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEXT SCAM 57675 on FB LOLLYPOP 2

Options
  • 21-02-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd put this up to see if many others have been affected and to see if anyones had any sucess in being reimbursed for the credit they've been robbed of.

I was on FB about a week ago, anyone familiar with the Lollypop joke that was circulating? It was good craic to say the leastbiggrin.gif
    Well, now aparently there's a new one Lollypop 2 and I had to add it as an app(well what I beleived was lollypop 2), I then had to confirm I was a human and not an internet bot by confirming a code that was to be texted to me via their website. I know I should of had some cop on and not given out my numberredface.gif but I've had to do this with google mail and a few other sites if I'd forgot my password etc and someone else I knew had it posted on their page so I thought it was cosure, little did I know..

I received 6 text messages that costed 1 euros 62 cent until my credit was gone(good thing I'm not on bill), I tried sending on STOP twice but it didn't work!

Anyway, here's the number: 57675
    I put this post up to see if anyone else had been fleesed/had sucess and incase anyone else was thinking of texting the number and tried googling it first, good thinking!wink.gif
    I think it's worth mentioning that my phone service provider have this number on their website about a year now in a notification they put up about text rates here and when trying to search their forum for the words SCAM or SCAMS, there are no topic/thread os the subject at allconfused.gif

If anyones had any info please post up.

Cheers,
    Pad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

intbn wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd put this up to see if many others have been affected and to see if anyones had any sucess in being reimbursed for the credit they've been robbed of.

I was on FB about a week ago, anyone familiar with the Lollypop joke that was circulating? It was good craic to say the leastbiggrin.gif
    Well, now aparently there's a new one Lollypop 2 and I had to add it as an app(well what I beleived was lollypop 2), I then had to confirm I was a human and not an internet bot by confirming a code that was to be texted to me via their website. I know I should of had some cop on and not given out my numberredface.gif but I've had to do this with google mail and a few other sites if I'd forgot my password etc and someone else I knew had it posted on their page so I thought it was cosure, little did I know..

I received 6 text messages that costed 1 euros 62 cent until my credit was gone(good thing I'm not on bill), I tried sending on STOP twice but it didn't work!

Anyway, here's the number: 57675
    I put this post up to see if anyone else had been fleesed/had sucess and incase anyone else was thinking of texting the number and tried googling it first, good thinking!wink.gif
    I think it's worth mentioning that my phone service provider have this number on their website about a year now in a notification they put up about text rates here and when trying to search their forum for the words SCAM or SCAMS, there are no topic/thread os the subject at allconfused.gif

If anyones had any info please post up.

Cheers,
    Pad

If stop doesn't work, get in touch with Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Thanks for the tip CraigSmith_IO, I've not even topped up since incase it's all gone in a few minutes, they literally took 12 euro off me phone in the space of 1 minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

intbn wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip CraigSmith_IO, I've not even topped up since incase it's all gone in a few minutes, they literally took 12 euro off me phone in the space of 1 minute!

Happens to a lot of people though. Here's the actual company's info for you:

Short Code: 57675
    Service Provider:Global Billing Solutions
    Helpline:0818 286606
    Email:ireland@ringaling.tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I rang the helpline above got put on hold for 10mins and still didn't get put through to anyone so I hung up and sent an email explaining the situation I'm hoping that when I top up tomorrow I won't be reverse charged ever again, It's a wonder no one has rang Joe Duffy about it on lIveline he might be able to name and shame whoever owns the company or try to get some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just got a unsolicited text from these cu*ts, unlike op I didn't subscribe to anything on FB, I never heard of them until the text arrived, I'm on 3 billpay, the only people who have my number are friends, family and the likes of jobs I applied for and ESB etc, its not on any net sites I'm very careful where I give it out. How did they get my number and will I be charged? I haven't replied to text which says following:

"Ringlaling.tv is subscription club enter your pin now or text OK to 57675. You must be 18+. Cost is €12 per week + join fee €8"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Just got a unsolicited text from these cu*ts, unlike op I didn't subscribe to anything on FB, I never heard of them until the text arrived, I'm on 3 billpay, the only people who have my number are friends, family and the likes of jobs I applied for and ESB etc, its not on any net sites I'm very careful where I give it out. How did they get my number and will I be charged? I haven't replied to text which says following:

"Ringlaling.tv is subscription club enter your pin now or text OK to 57675. You must be 18+. Cost is €12 per week + join fee €8"

The time I got done for it I was taken to a link page where you answer a question then enter your number and click answer if you entered the wrong number by mistake it could well be sent to someone else, dunno how the got ur number but I hope you get it sorted out, it's not a nice thing to happen anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is illegal since Friday so get straIght onto Comreg and complain you never subscribed to it

Advertisement