Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable Mechanic

Options
  • 21-02-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hope this is in the right place.

Can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the Enniscorthy / New Ross areas please ?
    If you could PM me some contact details that would be great.

Mished

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Thanks for all the PM's.

Brought the two cars to the guy in Adamstown today, thanks for the recommendation he's a good mechanic, grand prices & a nice guy.

Mished

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Very good glad to hear I use him all the time never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

wexford12 wrote: »
    Very good glad to hear I use him all the time never had a problem

do you know if would do gearbox on a diesel 7 seater

Im sure he would sure pop in to the garage or give him a ring

• Advertisement

I see the earlier post was taken down Im guessing names should not be used on here you sound like you dont approve of the guy I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

well if it is him ive had a bad experience with him and one of my mates, i got my head gasket done up there last year and was told everything was done, new timing kit water pump and head skim, a few months later my car broke down and i was up the country at the time so i had to get it towed and another mechanic looked at it. the next day he brought me in and showed me the tensioner had broke throwing off the belt and wrecking my engine.he also showed me that the only new part of the timing kit put on was the belt, the old tensioner pulley and water pump were left on even though i had been charged for them. i rang him and he told me they were new then later admitted he hadnt changed them as they looked ok, i got my money back and swore id warn anyone ever thinking of going there.
    My friend also got his van fixed there and it was supposed to have got new discs and pads, on ispection later the pads were new but the discs had just had the lip grinded off them to look new. And there just the things we found out, so what else has he fooled us into thinking he done or anyone else for that matter. i just want people to be warned is all

I'm glad his name has been taken down off here I don't think its fair to name someone because things didn't work out for you. Like everything there is two sides to every story
    I have used his services many many time and so has lots of other people across Wexford and never had any problems if anything he has gone beyond the call of duty for work he has done on my car and this is also reflected in the price which is why so many people use him
    Every business in every sector has fall outs with their customers thats the nature of business but does not mean that we should be telling people to take their business elsewhere

but im not telling anyone to take theit buisness elsewhere, im just telling what happened to me, by all means use him but im just warning of my experience, the same as anything wouldnt you like to be warned of somthing rather than not know atall? i know i would. I mean what excuse can be made for what happened me?? he told me he did work, charged me for it, and then i found out later that he never did the work which cost me the price of a new engine and having it fitted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If you feel you were ripped off , there is a rip-off forum in the consumer category .

• Advertisement

well i know i was ripped off, but i didnt come on to complain about it, i just thought if the OP was going to use the same mechanic then he should be warned of what the same person did to me and my friend thats all, not telling him dont go there, thats his own choice.. Just mabey he could ask to see his old parts on collecting his car or somthing to that effect ;)

Advertisement