Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dewy, Pale Foundation Recommendations??

• 21-02-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hey girls,

My skin is very dry and unruly at the moment and while the Max Factor Weightless Foundation I bought in the lightest colour was a great skin match, it clings to the flaky bits. Also after discovering they're not totally cruelty free products I kinda have to put a ban on the brand:(

Can any recommend any dewy light to medium coverage foundations that come in properly pale shades?

Would love some pointers before I splurge:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

revlon photo ready is worth look, it comes on pale shades and worked well on my dry skin.
    you may want to look into BB creams too if you want a dewy finish and light coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I've been opting for BB Creams lately, love Mac and Skin 79 but wanted a foundation too for night time and days when I need a bit more coverage but anything drying and straight away my skin goes horrible and cakey:(

Now I know I need to treat the skin too, just need a foundation that's going to work for my skin type:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I use the max factor foundation too and its a great match for me, and I find that the lightest shade (Ivory iirc) in the Revlon Colourstay foundation is a great light shade :)

They make it for both dry and oily skin, there's two different types, so the one for dry skin might be good for you :)
    And its only €17, €2 more than the max factor, so it wont break the bank either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

A bit on the expensive side but worth every cent is Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. This is a light, dewey foundation with great staying power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Diors foundations do a shade lighter than the lightest chanel and the nude foundation is light and gets rave reviews.

It is sooooo hard to find any foundation that works for us pale skinned girls!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I have dry skin and colorstay is so chalky on my skin. its okay for the summer but if you want dewy foundation I'd look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Panda Lover

I have recently invested in Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation, yes it's expensive at 44 yo-yo's but I can't praise it highly enough. Matte finish, good coverage without looking caked and great staying power. They're doing free samples of it at the moment in BT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I am very pale skinned and I swear by Dior Skin Nude, the palest shade. I have been using it for the past two years now and would never change.

It has great coverage, very natural looking, not at all "cakey" if you know what I mean. It has a nice even finish, long lasting and doesn't dry out my skin at all. (I would have normal/dry skin).

It's a bit on the pricey side, I think about €38, but totally worth it, a little goes a long way. I use it every day and I have the same bottle going strong since at least October. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have very dry skin. I recently bought Bourjois Healthy Mix and am finding it really good so far. I do find that if I use a primer it makes my foundation sit much better on my skin so this is also something to look into (I use L'oreal Studio Secrets).

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

I have very dry skin. I recently bought Bourjois Healthy Mix and am finding it really good so far. I do find that if I use a primer it makes my foundation sit much better on my skin so this is also something to look into (I use L'oreal Studio Secrets).

I second the Healthy Mix, and if you're looking for something with a lighter coverage (test them in the shop), try the Healthy Mix serum foundation which is a gel and light in texture, and all around lovely to work with! Problem is shade selection, with all Bourjois really, but their paler shades are pretty pale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I recently tried Estee Lauder's new foundation, I think it's called Teint Mirical, and I love it, I got a sample of shade 005 and 007 (the palest shades) in Debenhams and they're fabulous!

Thanks girls for all the replies!

I went in BT'S today and went around a load of the counters!

I asked about the Chanel Vitalumiere and the girl told me it wouldn't be suitable for my very dry skin so I didn't even try it on!

Another girl tried Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation that's 40% water and it still looked cakey on my terribly dry skin.

I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser but it didn't do much for me and Clinique's tinted moisturiser wasn't light enough for me! Also checked out Revlon's colourstay and L'Oreal's brand new foundation and the colours were good but I realised I need to treat my skin first!

Going to lather it with serums and oils and all sorts to see if I can sort it out!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have you tried a primer underneath your foundation? It can help lots with the cakey look foundation gives, and stops flakey bits appearing. I use Gosh' Velvet Touch gel primer, and does the job nicely :)

jenizzle wrote: »
    Have you tried a primer underneath your foundation? It can help lots with the cakey look foundation gives, and stops flakey bits appearing. I use Gosh' Velvet Touch gel primer, and does the job nicely :)

Primer addict:) Primer goes on grand, have a few I use and they're all nice on it's the foundation that messes everything up:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I would also recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. Leaves a lovely dewy finish and depending what way you apply it, can leave different levels of coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Chanel Vitalumiere (not the aqua just the original) will moisturise and make you look nice and dewy

Thanks for all your help ladies, ended up buying this today after having a good mooch around!

The palest colour is gorgeous and it's hydrating, really looking forward to trying it out properly tomorrow!

TM-GB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Hope it works for you , I avoided this one because of the unholy amount of alcohol in it. Would of dried out my skin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mogget

SmokeyEyes your initial post said you didnt want to use the MaxFactor because it wasn't cruelty free, but you bought Lancome who test on animals?:confused:

The MAC mineralised foundation is excellent as long as you use a primer underneath and MAC dont test on animals

Mogget wrote: »
    SmokeyEyes your initial post said you didnt want to use the MaxFactor because it wasn't cruelty free, but you bought Lancome who test on animals?:confused:

The MAC mineralised foundation is excellent as long as you use a primer underneath and MAC dont test on animals

God I only recently realised this, I knew Max Factor were but didn't realise how many were or of course I wouldn't have bought it!:(

I'm prob going to have to get rid of half my makeup once I realise everywhere that's bad...

• Advertisement
Advertisement