Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Visa 421

Options
  • 21-02-2012 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

has anyone any experience of this visa in australia?
    is it a realistic visa to try achieve for an amatuer soccer coach with various recognised qualifications.

i have 7 years experience coaching kids of all ages from 5 years old right up to youth and junior level. im currently in oz on the holiday working visa. I have been offered two jobs and am currently working in one. I dont want to go down the sponsorship route being to an employer but i have no issue in being tied to a sports club which on appearance would then free you to work midweek for a company.

have i got this all wrong? has anyone done this route or investigated it. even though alot of positions over here for soccer coaches are paid positions i would be looking to do this on a voluntary basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

No chance. This visa is for people recognised at national or international level. (even though the info below does mention coaching the level at which you must be coaching is extremely high despite what anyone thinks of the A league)
    As from the immi website

This visa is designed for sportspeople to improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition and training with Australian residents.
    Generally sportspeople come to Australia to:
    • compete in a specific event or series of events, such as competing in the Australian Tennis Open or PGA
    • be involved in sport under an arrangement with a sporting club to play/coach/instruct for a season, such as playing soccer in the Hyundai A League competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, its essentially for international athletes coming over to play (inc at national level leagues) and national level coaching staff.

Advertisement