Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.8 Ducato Fault Lights & Speedo

• 21-02-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

This may be of interest to those of you with pre 07 2.8 Ducatos. After some research I discovered that this problem is estimated to affect over 50% of pre 07 Ducatos when they reach 5 or so years old.

Symptoms:
    1) Red engine light on
    2) Diesel coil glow light flashes after start-up for ~15-20 sec
    3) Speedo doesn't work.
    4) Van drives perfectly normally.
    5) A 15amp fuse is blown (investigation required).

Diagnosis:
    Fault with the Oil Vapour Heater.

Solution:
    Disconnect it and replace the 15amp fuse that is blown. Simple as. The problem is finding the dam oil vapour heater!!! I had found out what the problem was on the Fiat Forum but nobody could (or at least didn't) actually point out the dam thing to me. So a really special word of thanks has to go to Aidan_M_M for helping me on that. He even took the time to take some photos for me. Ya cant beat that for service especially since he was under no obligation to help me out*.

[*I did get my van serviced plus a few other jobs last year with Pat Horan Motors so I felt ok about asking.]

So this is it folks (Photo courtesy of Aidan_M_M)...

345.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

WildWater wrote: »

Solution:
    Disconnect it and replace the 15amp fuse that is blown. Simple as. The problem is finding the dam oil vapour heater!!! Ya cant beat that for service especially since he was under no obligation to help me out*.

[*I did get my van serviced plus a few other jobs last year with Pat Horan Motors so I felt ok about asking.]

I should add that the offending item should be replaced , as if you travel to colder climates , it serves a purpose , ie helping to remove moisture/condensation . AFAIK it's only available from the main dealers , that's where I got them anyways .

and as regards helping out the OP , only delighted to give a fellow Boardsie a dig out . Trying to prove that not all of us mechanics are out to fool ye! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Top marks again Aidan.

I read recently a story about a man who helped people a lot and he noticed that when he needed some help not too many were willing.

I hope the people who benefit from your help on here dont forget you when they need some work done.

Especially in these times in this place.

The knowledge and craftsmanship you have shown to those of us you have done work for is second to none.

Thanks for everything.

Advertisement