Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Broadband Router

Options
  • 21-02-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

My problem is that my router (Old blue Netopia box) keeps loosing thewireless connection.

A lot of mornings when I come down I cannot connected to my wireless network in the house but if i reboot the modem the issue sorts itself. Its going on now for a few weeks.

I haven't contacted Tech Support up til now because we are out of contract with Eircom for a few years and while i have no plans to cancel my broadband (we are vv happy with our broadband) I was afraid that if I contact Tech Support and they sent me out a new modem that would consisute a new contract....

Can you please clarify if I get a new modem from Eircom, how much will it cost, how long will it take and will i have to renew my contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kiersm wrote: »
    My problem is that my router (Old blue Netopia box) keeps loosing thewireless connection.

A lot of mornings when I come down I cannot connected to my wireless network in the house but if i reboot the modem the issue sorts itself. Its going on now for a few weeks.

I haven't contacted Tech Support up til now because we are out of contract with Eircom for a few years and while i have no plans to cancel my broadband (we are vv happy with our broadband) I was afraid that if I contact Tech Support and they sent me out a new modem that would consisute a new contract....

Can you please clarify if I get a new modem from Eircom, how much will it cost, how long will it take and will i have to renew my contract.

Hi kiersm,

Thanks for you post.

It is probably best that you do think about changing the older blue Netopia.

The following link on the New eircom Community Forum will give you the options available and suggest the recommend the Adsl modem standards used:

community.eircom.net

Please note, you don't have to sign up for a new 12 month contract, unless you opt for a free replacement modem.

If you need help with your broadband remember you can also contact eircom Broadband Support directly:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement