Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about buying a WP7 from the UK

Options
  • 21-02-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a sim free HTC Titan from Amazon UK. Does anyone know if I would have any problems using it with my O2 sim or if I would lose any features?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I bought my trophy from UK. No problems whatsoever, all you'll 'lose' is any crapware that O2 install.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Ok that's good to know, but what about firmware updates how could I receive them as it is not an O2 phone? Also did you have any problems running HTC connection setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

You'll get firmware updates before an O2 phone. It's much better buying a sim free phone as the updates come straight from MS and HTC and don't have to be certified by O2.

The phone should work straight away without even having to open connection setup, i've never had to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Slingers wrote: »
    Ok that's good to know, but what about firmware updates how could I receive them as it is not an O2 phone? Also did you have any problems running HTC connection setup?

If its not locked to a carrier you'll most likely receive them before anyone else. Carriers have to test the OS updates before releasing them. The same goes for firmware updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement