Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a dremel?

Options
  • 21-02-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Gonna attempt the Winbond Slim Kamikaze hack and I was wondering where I can buy a dremel with a .8mm bit in Dublin? Does anywhere do them? Or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_dremel/sortby_best_match-desc/

There's 2 for sale there.

Never under estimate adverts.ie, has to be the best online sales website around.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Never even thought of adverts for that type of stuff, thanks alot! Just realised neither are in Dublin unfortunately though. Anywhere else you might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

lidl or aldi have them pretty often. quite good quality and 3 years warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75261017 see this thread its the way i would go more control, less risk of screwing the board and cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Bit of a beginner question but what is a winbound kamakaze hack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It is a way to unlock Winbond Chip that is present on some Xbox 360 slim DVD drives. Once the chip is locked (either on purchase, or through a firmware update) you can't write to it anymore so you can't flash iXtreme LT firmware.

To get around this, you can drill a very small hole in a very precise place on the Winbond chip to unlock it. It's not easy and requires patience and a very steady hand. It's called the Kamikaze hack because if it goes wrong, you've bricked your DVD drive - it's all or nothing. If it does go wrong then you need to either get the Winbond chip replaced by a professional or buy a replacement DVD drive circuit board.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

It is a way to unlock Winbond Chip that is present on some Xbox 360 slim DVD drives. Once the chip is locked (either on purchase, or through a firmware update) you can't write to it anymore so you can't flash iXtreme LT firmware.

To get around this, you can drill a very small hole in a very precise place on the Winbond chip to unlock it. It's not easy and requires patience and a very steady hand. It's called the Kamikaze hack because if it goes wrong, you've bricked your DVD drive - it's all or nothing. If it does go wrong then you need to either get the Winbond chip replaced by a professional or buy a replacement DVD drive circuit board.
    I won't be attempting that them :)
    So does that mean that you have to do the kamikaze hack. You can't even use the usb pro and ck3 to unlock it ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I won't be attempting that them :)
    So does that mean that you have to do the kamikaze hack. You can't even use the usb pro and ck3 to unlock it ?!

Well you still need both items after drilling to write to chip(Well you don't actually need them if you have compatible sata ports and another way to power drive). And would have used them before drilling to get key.

Advertisement