Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to attend the Mass Effect 3 Launch party?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

When are the lucky winners (me being 1) being picked Dav? Just want to make sure i have my tux back from the drycleaners when i accept my golden ticket.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PauloConn wrote: »
    When are the lucky winners (me being 1) being picked Dav? Just want to make sure i have my tux back from the drycleaners when i accept my golden ticket.....

I think the whole point you haven't recieved a PM 3 hours after he said he would tell the winners probbaly tells you all you need to know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    I think the whole point you haven't recieved a PM 3 hours after he said he would tell the winners probbaly tells you all you need to know!

Nah, he's just keeping us in suspense cause he's an evil genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Sorry folks, I had a solicitor's letter I had to look into - that unfortunately happens a lot in this job :(

So here are the most LOL worthy entries :D
    Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm Commander Shepard, and Dav is my favourite person on Citadel!
    I approve of this message, you take a ticket.
    You're awesome, simple as. If awesome were an ice cream, it'd taste just like you.
    I've been saying this for YEARS! Have a ticket.
    fergalr wrote: »
    If there are any tickets left, I wouldn't mind going.
    I would like to ask someone how the reapers arrived so fast, considering the citadel was never activated.

20! ~= 2.43290201 × 10^18 places; about a quintillion.

There are only around a quintillion stars in the observable universe; people estimate the mass of the universe, from the number of stars in it.

What does 'mass effect' mean, anyway?
    Maths are sexy, therefore you get to go too. Mass Effect is, buy the way, what happens when you have a priest talking to a lot of people.
    jony_dols wrote: »
    scaled.php?server=815&filename=14994895.jpg&res=medium
    I was very disappoint with the mis-spelling of my name, but as you quite rightly say, you're more of an Effort than Accuracy sort, so I'll give you an opportunity to apologise in person :p
    Otna wrote: »
    Dav is so awesome he taught Chuck Norris how to fight, the Stig how to drive and Commander Shepard how to kick reaper ass.
    This is absolutely 100% true, so have a ticket.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Whenever I see Dav pop up in threads and get the opportunity to read his posts, it feels so good... even better than getting a deep tissue massage while eating pizza.
    That's a pretty good feeling alright - as long as there'e no happy ending involved in that massage, I'm ok with it. Have a ticket...
    Skerries wrote: »
    inci?

220px-Leonardo_self.jpg&sa=X&ei=M99HT-_ZM4bLhAeps6n8Cw&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFh8AVivQIaTTlVHzVsBk1a3XpyUw
    It actually took me a moment to get that one, but yea, I can live with this comparison :D
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dav............Dav......Khalisah Al-Jilani, Westerland news. Mind if ask you a few questions.....or for a ticket?

[ ] Give ticket
    [ ] Give interview
    [ ] *punch*
    Staples ticket to forehead
    Estelindis wrote: »
    Dav, you are so awesome that you managed to save both Ashley and Kaidan on Virmire - so magnificent, in fact, that none of the love interests even thought of asking you to choose between them.

I would only love to go to a Mass Effect 3 party even distantly related to someone as wonderful as you. :D
    I'm not sure about this distantly related thing, but it's nice to see my skills at saving ladies acknowledged for all man kind, so you *SHALL* go to the ball...
    rf_me_bie.jpg
    It does look spiffy today, thank you! Have a ticket!

As for the Random draws - I go to my good friend Random.org and get the following names:
    1. boneyarsebogman
    2. War Machine 539
    3. jcrowbar (Random *IS* also awesome)
    4. Jedi13
    5. chin_grin
    6. dammitjanet (I'll accept either Cake or Cookie's on random.org's behalf for picking you :p)
    7. GTR63 (no copies of the game, but you'll get to play it - Probably PS3, but maybe 360 too)
    8. wes
    9. Clover
    10. calex71 (the feet kissing isn't necessary though - that's just weird)
    So that's that! The event is this Wednesday (the 29th), I'll be sending along the specific details to you all later this afternoon.

Thank you everyone for the entries and the laughs and a special thank you to the lovely ladies of O'Leary's PR for putting on the show and giving me all the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Congrats lads, hope ye have a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Indeed, enjoy it. Or give me your ticket...whichever suits you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Well done to all the winners! :D

Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Estelindis

Huzzah! :D This is going to be a blast! Just sorry you didn't get in too, Odaise Gaelach. *plays sad violin*

Dav, I might have misread, but I might have been given two tickets? I'm listed under the LOL ones and then under the random ones - just making sure, as it means there'd be a ticket free for someone else on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dav, I might have misread, but I might have been given two tickets? I'm listed under the LOL ones and then under the random ones - just making sure, as it means there'd be a ticket free for someone else on here.

What a good samaritan!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Time to load up the death ray again.....
    <stomps feet & huffs in corner>

But seriously, have fun. And rob me a copy of ME3 for xbox as well, anyone going that is

*doh*

Thanks to boneyarsebogman for the heads up - I should probably make sure my brain is up to the task before doing these competitions :)

I've hit the Random Number Generator again and this time I've got: KilOit!

PMs are on the way to the winners now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Thanks so much for the invite, quick and silly question, are we allowed bring a +1? Feel like a pleb on my own with loads of strangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Thanks Dav for the invite but I didn't know I had entered :o I was just trying to be smart :p
    so I'd like to pass it back for someone that actually wants to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I would like to go really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I would like to go really

If you want you can have my ticket, i'm not able to go now cause i'm sick(a bit worn down too according to my doctor, i'm blaming the Carling Cup final for that).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dooomed! Doomed i tells ya!

i know i said this already, but Do Take Pictures! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hmm. Would it be a bit strange to make up a t shirt of my boards username? Just as an ice breaker. I seriously can't rely on my other method of getting a little too drunk and shouting "MY GO MY GO MY GO". :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

To say I'm devestated to miss this would be an incredible understatement :rolleyes:.

I would have to take my holidays the week this gets announced as a competition! My brother is also a boardsie and conceptual artist who would kill to work on this franchise.

Mental note to self: Please keep eye on games forum during holidays around launch of next ME game :)

Enjoy the night!

• Advertisement

So was this on tonight, anyone get any goodies?

I was at it for a while - came up from Galway for it, but a pounding headache meant that I wasn't around for long. But there was free food and drink and an opportunity to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No goodies, but did leave close to 7 (got there early). Did have some chips and chicken wings though :D

Only got to play the full single player (pity, really wanted to give the full MP a spin but guessed there would be no servers for the backend up yet), and only then up to the end of the second mission
    after escaping Earth, you swing by the Prothean repository they dug up on Mars to pickup Liara after the facility goes dark
    . Game is really good though, cant wait to grab a copy.

Thanks to Dav for the invite and the EA guys for putting it on.

Also, EA......next time you put a showcase on, check to make sure that firing your weapon doesnt disconnect the pad (rumble on the 360 pads caused the pad to switch off :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Thanks Dav and EA for the event , Had a good time and a few beers + got to play some more ME3 :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Thanks a mill Dav (& EA) for the tickets, had a great time. D brewskies and ME3 went down a treat! Pity the PS3 version looked pretty disappointing in comparison with the 360 (worse textures and lotsa jaggies)...Looks like I'll be getting the PC version on EA Origin instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm not long home from this, but it was worth the trip. We were allowed to play about 45 minutes beyond the opening section from the demo and I was left intrigued as to where the plot will go! Great atmosphere at the event too.

Thank you again Dav and thank you EA!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks to Dav and EA for this. The game is excellent fun!

Any shnakey pics of the event?

Was really nice to meet so many of you folks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I played a bit myself, didn't do much after the initial content in the demo, but it looks like Mass Effect and plays like Mass Effect and that's pretty cool as far as I'm concerned :) I'm looking forward to the final release.

I would point out that we weren't playing final code, but *almost* final builds of the game, so any bugs or issues like jaggies on the PS3 version as described by jony_dols may well disappear by launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Estelindis

Thanks a lot for the chance to attend this party. I was useless at playing ME3, due to only being a PC gamer and having no idea how to use a controller, but it was still oodles of fun. :)

Advertisement