Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

architects in cork

Options
  • 21-02-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi

my wife and i are in the initial stages of starting to build our own house in the macroom area of cork, and need an architect, does anyone have any recommendations, we would be looking to build a georgian style house, and most of the archtiects portfolio's seem to show very modern houses which is not the style we want

thanks in advance

john

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

John,
    Why not ask this, over in the construction & planning forum. if your site is in a rural location you may find your chosen style difficult to get through the planning process, if however its in keeping with the style of what is around a site in the town of Macroom, then you may have less of a problem.
    the CORK RURAL DESIGN GUIDE is a good place to start, feel free to PM if you need further assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hi John I can recommend some one really good that I have used my self and he is not to far from Macroom. I will pm you his details..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

We used Jerry O Connor in Mallow to plan a modern style house and we found him to be great to deal with. His price was very competitive and he dealt with the planning committee really well and we obtained permission on the first attempt, eventhough we are building a modern home in a rural area.

If you'd like to know about his fees for designing our house then just drop me a PM.

His website is http://www.ocadp.ie and you can see here that he recently designed and obtained planning permission for this Georgian stlye home http://www.ocadp.ie/georgianstyle.html

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement