Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo - moved to Punchestown this year

• 21-02-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Pet Expo is on the 6th and 7th of October this year in Punchestown!! I found it crappy last year compared to the year before thou my experience may be marred by the fact that bold boy weed and poo'd in the agility ring when we were asked to join a demo! :rolleyes: Looks like they took notice of the dogs abuse ;) they got last year on FB!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hopefully the change in venue will mean more space, found it very squashed last year especially in the breed village (still loved it though!). Just wondering where did you get this information? They still have all last years details on the website :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

:(
    I was hoping it would be on earlier this year, like the year before last. We enjoyed that one a lot more (it was outside)

Change of venue could give it a nice boost though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

BTW my ;) was at my joke - my post looks like I took out a hate campaign on FB lol!!

I got the info from googling pet expo 2012 but it's on a site that sells dogs so not sure if i can post it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I like to give it the benifit of the doubt it seems every second year it's not as good and dissapointing. Not sure if it's worth the expense of travelling up this time round things are tight, but am hoping it will have improved again this year like it was the year before last. In fairness they do listen to feedback which is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

tk123 wrote: »
    it's on a site that sells dogs so not sure if i can post it?

It isn't an advert, it's part of a blog - which is fine.

http://www.pedigreedogs.ie/pet-expo-2012-pedigree-dogs-12015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Heard Pet Expo will also be on in Mallow in Cork this year also. Apparently it will be part of a Garden Exhibitio. Did anyone go when it was on there before, was it worth it and how did it compare with the Dublin venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Thats a shame, the Siberian Husky Club of Northern Ireland are putting their first sled dog rally on that weekend, so I'll be up at that. Really looking forward to it, but a shame its the same weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Inexile wrote: »
    Heard Pet Expo will also be on in Mallow in Cork this year also. Apparently it will be part of a Garden Exhibitio. Did anyone go when it was on there before, was it worth it and how did it compare with the Dublin venue?

If you mean the Garden Show, then yes. My husband and I go every year. But I've never seen a dog show there. Perhaps this is the first year it'll be there.

I really hope so! I'll do a bit of scouting round....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

If you mean the Garden Show, then yes. My husband and I go every year. But I've never seen a dog show there. Perhaps this is the first year it'll be there.

I really hope so! I'll do a bit of scouting round....

I think they mean Pet Expo, they held it in Cork as a stand alone event a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I didn't feel this warranted setting up a new one, according to the Facebook it is going to be in both cork and Punchestown this year. It will be in Mallow on June 29th-July 1st, and Punchestown on 6th-7th October!

Now to try convince my mother to let me go to both.. hmm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Report back on the Cork so we'll know whether the Dublin one will be any good lol! :D

Advertisement