Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sfxt launch event

Options
  • 21-02-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Capcom are going to help us run a launch event in ireland for sfxt on the 10th of march, basically they can`t do anything before release in terms of giving us early copies of the game, but they are going to help us with coving the cost of the venue and will supply copies of the game on the day, David Hinds aka dogtanian will be at the launch event and will bring the promo copies with him.

Right now i need you guys to find a venue in dublin thats sutible to run the event, i was thinking either the hotel that was used last time or something similar, if nothing can be decided within the next day or two i will just run the event in the xgc just like we did with the launch event of super.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

chunkis wrote: »
    Sup guys,

Capcom are going to help us run a launch event in ireland for sfxt on the 10th of march, basically they can`t do anything before release in terms of giving us early copies of the game, but they are going to help us with coving the cost of the venue and will supply copies of the game on the day, David Hinds aka dogtanian will be at the launch event and will bring the promo copies with him.

Right now i need you guys to find a venue in dublin thats sutible to run the event, i was thinking either the hotel that was used last time or something similar, if nothing can be decided within the next day or two i will just run the event in the xgc just like we did with the launch event of super.

I can make arrangements for that hotel, I have the guys number and I was talking to yesterday, funnily enough. Chunkis, pm me and we can sort it out.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There any point hosting an Inferno the week before this then?

Azza wrote: »
    There any point hosting an Inferno the week before this then?

Yes.

Would merging the 2 not be a better idea. Get a bigger turnout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No.

• Advertisement

Would merging the 2 not be a better idea. Get a bigger turnout?

Merging the two and having a Inferno & SFxT event is a better idea than not having inferno.

..and to do that, we need to discuss with Chopper.

Chunkis, I really think Azza is right in saying holding both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Merging it with Inferno would mean running three tournaments, plus for these launch events it's supposed to be free entry. That's a rule set down by Capcom.

I'd rather have three events three weekends in a row than merge to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good stuff chunkis. Agreed with not merging the events.

Merging events would lead to larger numbers. The higher the turnout out we get the more interested Capcom might be in hosting future launch events with us.

We don't have to run 3 competitions at Inferno, we could drop 1 of the other games. Secondly we can have free entry into a SFxT competition. I don't see what issue Capcom would have with that, they had it at Cannes and other events that required an entry fee for other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Unfortunately capcom are quite strict when it comes to events, we can`t charge people to come into the venue, especially one that they have paid for and one that is running there promotional copies of the game.

I don`t really see this event clashing with inferno as its a different game on a different date, and it is also free to enter. So financially its not going to break the bank to attend. Its also going to be the first time that the game is in the wild for the irish players so i think its definitely one event worth trying to attend, even if you have the game at home.

Full details of the event have not been decided yet, but there might be one or two surprises in store, we will see.

However, i would like to run a small tournament on the day like what we did with the launch of super and give away a few small prizes, also if its possible we could stream the event.

• Advertisement

chunkis wrote: »
    if its possible we could stream the event.
    This all depends on venue, we won't have recording equip @ xgc and I am not sure the exchange's interweb can handle streaming. A hotel would better suit for this. PM me if you want me to go ahead with the Clarence.

I hear what you are saying re combining them, fair nuff. Just a thought.

I think we should definitely go with the Clarence or a similar venue and from talking to chunkis earlier I think that's what he wants to do as well. Hopefully we can sort that and get a stream going.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Merging events would lead to larger numbers. The higher the turnout out we get the more interested Capcom might be in hosting future launch events with us.

Seeing as we will have a free venue could a free Street Fighter Tourney not be run alongside SFXT? I do think Azza is right, this is a good chance to show capcom we can muster good numbers and they might be more willing to throw good stuff our way for things like the Evo Quals?

Chunkis, you need to get back to me with a yeh/neigh on the Clareance, I'll have to call him.

Seeing as we will have a free venue could a free Street Fighter Tourney not be run alongside SFXT? I do think Azza is right, this is a good chance to show capcom we can muster good numbers and they might be more willing to throw good stuff our way for things like the Evo Quals?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind something like this if Capcom premitted it. I don't have 2 weekends in a row spare currently so I'm limited to picking 1 of these events.

I'd prefer the focus to be on SFxT for the day personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Me too. Running an SF IV tournament would take the attention away from Gem Fighter at a launch event for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

I was also planning on heading up to dublin for the next inferno and now this sounds really good so want to try and attend this aswell but will most likely only be able to attend one , its quite an expensive and long day trip from cork but if they were on the same day in the same place :eek:
    I reckon anyway having a Sf4 tournament will only be a good thing , will help fill out the place and is another capcom thing to do while in the venue.

I've already been in contact with the hotel cheers, i am just waiting on Capcom to get back to me. In regards to running an sf4 event I think we should just focus on sfxt.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

anyone else is mad hype for gems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No.
    GEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSS

Just to keep you guys in the loop, this event is going to go ahead on the 10th of march, the hotel is in the process of being booked and paid for, its slightly more expensive than i thought it was going to be, but capcom are paying so its alright, we get more space and the use of the internet so its not too bad for the price and location, hopefully we will be able to set up a stream and get some exposure for the irish scene and of course sfxt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

I might try make it down for this excited for sfxt.Has it been decided if there will be any other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I'm going to really try to get down to this. I'm liking the look of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Is this opened to the public then? Just so happens that I'll be in Dublin the day before this, so I might have to stick around...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Since this is now confirmed (or there abouts) we should start advertising soon.

That is; official threads and Randomselect.ie pages about it.
    Mentions on twitter etc, contacting other websites etc for publicity.

A Poster with a QR code would be great.

Streaming if going ahead this can be submitted to srk and eventhubs well ahead of time, and i'll throw up a thread in forthcoming tournaments section.

A video... nutrient? dubstep is played out... use Zef instead.

If we play this right we could attact over 1 new people into our community.

Also: Hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

use Zef

Something a bit classier! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7XkaFFtGE

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

deathrider wrote: »
    Is this opened to the public then? Just so happens that I'll be in Dublin the day before this, so I might have to stick around...

Yeah, I think the whole point is to attract people to the game :)

Great stuff chunkis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

if anyone is interested i put together something real quick for the event.
    If they are to be printed you need to adjust the canvas size [landscape] and scale some of the elements up. PSD attached, you can change the text in there.

randomselect.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6562060/randomselect.psd
    [font used: http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=%21pepsi%21]

Advertisement