Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sfxt launch event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You beast Farz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nice thinking man.

I don't mean to be "that guy" but if its possible I would make the street fighter x tekken part alot bigger. At a glance, it's very busy and not clear what it's about. The SFxT bit only takes up about 20% of the whole image.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yeah, I think the whole point is to attract people to the game :)

Excellent stuff. Looking forward to this. I'm dying to try out that game. I'll spread the word. I'll also mention it on this week's podcast too, to get the word out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

http://www.facebook.com/streetfighter/posts/312282812167059

I'm sure we could get a shout out on facebook too come the day.

So this hotel that's being used as the venue; what hotel is it? And where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

deathrider wrote: »
    So this hotel that's being used as the venue; what hotel is it? And where is it?

Presuming it's the same hotel we had the last Inferno at, it's the Clarence hotel and it's literally less than a minute walk from the Exchange.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Presuming it's the same hotel we had the last Inferno at, it's the Clarence hotel and it's literally less than a minute walk from the Exchange.

Excellent stuff. Cheers, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Naphiel wrote: »
    Presuming ......

Its Chunkis, never presume/assume anything.

Chunkis - can you confirm the Clearance?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

yeah Ajay everythings sweet, capcom are dealing with it why? Do you know something i dont? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

chunkis wrote: »
    yeah Ajay everythings sweet, capcom are dealing with it why? Do you know something i dont? :)

no no, just public forum etc. in case there are people who are interested and haven't seen other material - this thread hadn't confirmed the location as done is all.

No white track suits rule still applies! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Who's supplying the equipment for this?

Our community, Capcom, Chunkis?

Ill know exactly what we need to bring by the middle of next week, am just sorting out the logistics of the hotel first, little things like tables and chairs, internet and space all those things first, once i know all that we will worry about equipment and set ups after, capcom have consoles and tvs but i think its mostly debugged machines, but ill see what they have, chopper how many sets do we have at our disposal?

We have four monitors stored at Exchange, but we always rely on people bringing consoles.

Out of curiousity chopper, those good monitors that we use for tourneys at the exchange, whats their input lag in ms? 5,10,15? I've been looking around at different tv's and would like to know what to compare to.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The monitors we have at the Exchange are pretty laggy.

Also if you're shopping around for monitors Kirby, response time doesn't mean much when you're trying to see if they lag - a lot of the lag comes from postprocessing. If you check SRK's Tech Talk forum there's a megathread with tests of various monitors.

Myself and ladnopoka recently bought the BenQ G2420HD which is pretty much lagless, under a frame anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kirby wrote: »
    Out of curiousity chopper, those good monitors that we use for tourneys at the exchange, whats their input lag in ms? 5,10,15? I've been looking around at different tv's and would like to know what to compare to.

Cheers.

Onion might be the person to ask. We used Konata's Rock Band 2 guitar to test them.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Onion might be the person to ask. We used Konata's Rock Band 2 guitar to test them.

All you need is Chunkis + Ken jump tatsu

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Response time has nothing to do with input lag. Respone time measure how quickly blacks change completely to white and vice versa.

Input lag is rarely advertised on monitors and TVs, you will need to check reviews online to find out.

As Dreddy was saying TV's tend to have alot of post processing effects to improve image quality but that increases input lag.

Generally with PC monitors the cheaper TN manufactured panels tend to have low input lag and are best suited to gaming. They general have poor image quaility, (color reproduction, contrast, uniformity etc) and poor viewing angles. The better more expensive monitors like PVS and S-PVA planels are the opposite.

16ms input lag equals 1/60th of a second which is 1 frame in SSFIV.

It should be pointed out that the Arcade release and Xbox 360 version of SF4 have inherent input delay of 2 frames and the PS3 version has 3 frames delay.

The one im using at the moment is about 15ms apparently. Im crap so it makes little difference but it would be nice to be roughly the same as the ones we use.

If your television has 15ms input lag then it's about as good as you'll get outside of a CRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Gave the event a mention on the podcast. Hopefully it'll get a few more folks to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Ill be going with DR if I have the dough for the bus, Free Venue and Entry? , Ill have the game the day before but I still wanna go to this :)

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So what are the defo details for the event

Location and time?

Hi guys I have some bad news,

Capcom have pulled out of the launch event, i don`t have any details except that they pulled out :(

So where does that leave us? well unfortunately without the support of capcom our current plans are out the window, But because a lot of people have already made plans to come into dublin for the day i would like to try and salvage the day by running something at the xgc, at least people who have made plans to come into dublin will have a place to go and play the game, this also gives us the option to play other games too.

I don`t know exactly what my plans are now, Ill let you guys know exactly whats happening in the next 24 hours, its probably going to be something similar to the launch event for super were we had a little tournament on the day, but ill make a new thread tomorrow with all the details of whats happening on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I think pulling an All nighter event for SFXT in XGC would be pretty tight just like what we did last year for EVO

Any thoughts?

Well that's a bit lame.

Was looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

This sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

........right. lol

XGC Free venue and entry?

If it ain't free I can't go lads, getting the bus money together is looking tight.

All the best,
    RAZER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I was looking forward to this too. Will there still be something on in it's place?

Advertisement