Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rhythmic sweeping sound in bends?

• 21-02-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

How's it going? Noticed today that when leaning into left hand side bends I get a sort of rhythmic sweeping or brushing sound. kind of sshh-sshh-sshh that only happens when leaning left. My bike was recently knocked over at the weekend and im wondering has something bent or warped to cause this noise because i didnt notice it before now?? There's a slight knocking noise also but im sure thats just the loose tank (can't get under to rebolt it :( )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

at a standstill, can you lift the wheels and spin them, and see if you can hear the noise? brake disks I'd say..

centerstand, or paddock stand best way to lift rear wheel
    can lift the front yourself with just the sidestand - sidestand down, go to other side of bike, and push against the saddle (towards the sidestand). Front wheel will lift, and you can have someone spin it if your not comfortable doing it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeah, check the wheels to see if they're stiff, could be sticking brakes. If not, could possibly be bearings either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 T954

Since the bike did take a fall get the front wheel off the ground anyway and check your wheel bearings. Give the wheel a spin and see if you can hear and source the sound then. Might as well check the head bearings too while the front wheel is off the ground. Did you notice any shuddering through the bars when you brake in a straight line? Its quite possibly a warped brake disk. Check wheel alignment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

As above...but if all else fails, find a few more bikes that make odd sounds and you might be able to make a band. A rhythmic sweeping sound actually sounds nice.

:D

Advertisement